Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chevin Chiller

The Chevin Chiller

Anybody up on Otley Chevin tonight for the inaugural Chevin Chiller ? 6.66 mile (see what they did there ?) headtorch race ? I just have to make sure my 13 year old son doesn't beat me ! No pressure then. Should be great.

I'll be there, killing time until I can print off my ALS entry. There looks to be quite a few signed up for it; should be good.
    Friends in high places.

See you there. I'll be wearing glow in the dark bracelets that my daughter kindly gave me !

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I'll be there, killing time until I can print off my ALS entry. There looks to be quite a few signed up for it; should be good.

I know that rules is rules, but does anyone know why the organisers are insisting on high-viz clothing for a wholly off-road race?
    Friends in high places.

I'll be there, should be a laugh. I might use my uber headtorch to blind any naughtly little ghosties that leap out along the way ....

Footwear choice? Trail shoes methinks, or is it wet enough to justify fell shoes?
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Trail for m Martyn. I won't be running fast enough for it to make too much of a difference.

I reckon the hi-viz is a condition o the councils for letting us stage the race maybe ? Also, parking will be tight, with some parking on a fairly busy road. Better to be seen !

Right, off to get my kit on.

Well that was a bit of a laugh wasn't it? There are worse ways to spend an evening ..... tell you what, we were lucky with the weather. I know it rained a bit as we were going round, but the heavens really opened on our way home.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Well that was a bit of a laugh wasn't it? There are worse ways to spend an evening ..... tell you what, we were lucky with the weather. I know it rained a bit as we were going round, but the heavens really opened on our way home.
    'Twas a good fun night Martyn, despite my current fitness levels and my foot not enjoying it since stopping!. With all the fancy dress runners it was similar to Chevin Chase (but without the road sections and daylight!) Good to chat very briefly Martyn, though apart from DinoF and other clubmates it was difficult to spot others I knew at times.

Fantastic way to spend Halloween. Twisted my ankle on the first lap but didn't detract from a great evening. Big thanks to the ever enthusiastic Paul, Michelle & their team.

I saw you all go off. Sorry, but I refused to pay £8 for a run around Danefield in the dark. I thought that was a bit steep considering. Had it been £4 or 5 I'd probably have done it.

I paid £3 to do the AIRE event that took place beforehand and support my O club. Had a good evening though. Hope everyone who ran had a good one.
    Richard Foster, North Leeds Fell Runners, Airienteers Orienteering Club & Leeds Adel Hockey Club