Thread: New to Fell Running

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New to Fell Running

hi all, quick intro:
    I am an established runner 5K, 10K & Half's and am looking at mixing it up a bit trying to do some fell races over winter and hopefully carry this on. I have a few mates also very keen to get into this. I run for a club so will be doing mainly XC over the winter and track sessions.

Trying to get all the kit together... costing a bit but will hopefully make good use out of it. sorted for Inov-8 bumbag and also racepac 4 to carry water proofs etc. Would like advice/recommendations on a starting out/fairly cheap set of water proofs & also footware. Only currently own my road trainers and some trail Cascadia 7's (which im not keen on). Was thinking Inov-8 Talon X 212's as these could also be used for XC?

Also any advise on starting out races as I appreciate most you need previous experience for.

I do already own a head torch also and use this for my night runs at the moment down the canal and back lanes. probably do about 20 to 30miles a week if this helps in any way.

I am situated in Cheshire about 40mins from Macc so was thinking about a few training runs up Teggs and about 30mins from Congleton so could park up at the base of the cloud and run up and down there!

Hope im not asking to much, looking forward to getting into this and I can hopefully help out with any running associated banter and stick around for the crack.

Cheers

James
    Last edited by JBullseyeRunner74; 05-11-2013 at 01:17 PM.