Thread: New Ligament

New Ligament

Apparently they have identified a new knee ligament so who is going to be the first to injure it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24826323
    No country for old men.

There's nothing new under the sun

I think the 'new ligament' is currently thought of as being a continuation of the IT band round the front of the knee. This is what has always been said to me when i've described symptoms in that area; yes- i have injured it and it hurts now in fact, it's hurt every day for about 4 years.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Apparently they have identified a new knee ligament so who is going to be the first to injure it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24826323
    Oh. Missed seeing your thread. The point was that often, when they have been unable to repair an ACL injury successfully, that's because it was this 'new' ligament that caused or contributed to the bother, hence why ACL reconstruction doesn't always fix the problem.

I injured my left knee in February during a long day out from Wasdale head, We'd got as far as Pike Of blisco when I slipped. Torn meniscus and ruptured anterior cruciate ligament. It was a very long way back to Wasdale in that state!

Had one operation in August to sort out the meniscus and to remove some old worn out ligaments, 25th January for the ACL operation. I shall be asking my surgeon about the state of the newly discovered ligament when I see him for my pre op in January. Not that it matters too much given my current state but I wonder if he can repair it if it is gone.

Sort of off topic but having been out of action for so long I've realised its crisp days like today I miss, the western fells looked superb from my office window. Oh well this time next year Rodney .........