Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Northern are you?

Ketchup? Vinegar not posh enough then? Ee I don't know. And as for these London online surveys, I wouldn't wrap me chips in them.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

surprisingly northern! 100%

here's a pretty picture that I prefer to use as a barometer of northern-ness
    Adam Speed
    P&B

Now then.....there's a distinction to be made between 'True' Northerners and 'Lazy' Northerners. Lazy Northerners are those born and bred ooophnorth but have never been away and so are northern 'just' by default as they don't know any better. True Northerners are those men and lasses who were born there but moved away before seeing the terrible error of their ways and so returned, and also those born elsewhere who made an active choice to live in God's Own Land and even the threat of Vitamin D deficiency, rickets and frothy weak beer (rabbit set running )can't persuade them to leave. So there!
    Am Yisrael Chai

originally a southern softie, been here 16years, just need to drink beer instead of pear cider then I'll be a true northerner.

100% Northern.
    A pie barm is great stuff, even better is a chips and gravy in a muffin (or barm, bap, bread roll or whatever you prefer to call it)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    100% Northern.
    A pie barm is great stuff, even better is a chips and gravy in a muffin (or barm, bap, bread roll or whatever you prefer to call it)
    Never heard of a pie barm, it sounds like summat they would eat down south in Wigan. Now if you are talking pies try a mince beef and mushy peas pie (the mushy peas are inside the pie), they are the dogs bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post
    surprisingly northern! 100%

here's a pretty picture that I prefer to use as a barometer of northern-ness
    Cheshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire up North, are you having a laugh?

75%. Somewhere around Hull.

The northern-ness is accurate but I take exception to being associated with people from Humberside.

I was looking for the question about black pudding and dripping.

I was confused about sitting on the bus. being a yorkshireman (god's own chosen race) everytime someone wants to talk to me I instantly presume they want money. I lost points for that, can't believe it. oh and whats a coat?
    Marxist Leninism is a weapon of the workers

You are either a sassenach or a teuchter.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker