Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Old County Tops

Re: Old County Tops 2010

a good taper for a June BG
    It is indeed. I did it before my BG and it was a great confidence booster. The bit going up Greyfriars helps you get your head ready for Yewbarrow!

Hey guys, just posted a thread on this before noticing this one. Does anyone know anybody looking for a partner for the OCT this year. I´ve been in South America for the past 9 months and didn´t think I´d be back in time but I´m back on the 18th and having not missed it for the past 3 years it would be a shame to miss it now. If anyone can help that would be amazing. Many thanks. John S

...and another request for a space! A fellow Pennine runner is eager to have a taste of the OCTs and if we can't injure one of our own entrants (and the 3 days in May has gone some way to that!) then he's keen to hook up with anyone. PM me and I'll make the match. he's MV40 and in Bob Graham training so he should be good on the climbs. Cheers, Duncan.

the ground was very dry out there over the weekend although early on the rocks were VERY slippy (well for those wearing slippy fell shoes) The route is sorted, Just hope my ankles will take it. Any one camping Friday, Not decided yet whether to camp or just get an early start.

Had hoped to do the OCT this year, but injuries to Anne and I mean we're not doing so.
    Good luck to all of you who are.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    the ground was very dry out there over the weekend although early on the rocks were VERY slippy (well for those wearing slippy fell shoes) The route is sorted, Just hope my ankles will take it. Any one camping Friday, Not decided yet whether to camp or just get an early start.
    Nice to meet you at the weekend Ian.....I'm still planning to go and have a look at Gategill Fell as an alternative to Halls Fell....spotted a nice little grassy line when looking yesterday, and it'll be fun trying anyway.

Staying at Langdale hut Friday night, it's a very early start if you're coming up the same morning!! Promised myself no beer on Friday night but at least a couple on Saturday before heading out for some Emmilou-inspired BG reccying on Sunday!

Sorry to hear you're both injured Bill... I believe Calder Valley is represented by a ladies pair though....and Kirsten will no doubt don her CV vest to do a bit of marshalling.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Nice to meet you at the weekend Ian.....I'm still planning to go and have a look at Gategill Fell as an alternative to Halls Fell....spotted a nice little grassy line when looking yesterday, and it'll be fun trying anyway.

Staying at Langdale hut Friday night, it's a very early start if you're coming up the same morning!! Promised myself no beer on Friday night but at least a couple on Saturday before heading out for some Emmilou-inspired BG reccying on Sunday!

Sorry to hear you're both injured Bill... I believe Calder Valley is represented by a ladies pair though....and Kirsten will no doubt don her CV vest to do a bit of marshalling.
    Good to meet you too Richard although I think we possible may have met 4 years ago in Langdale after my very first BG recce.

It's looking like a hot one on Saturday. drink plenty of whatever you can find.

Is there anyone in the Holmfirth / Huddersfield / Wakefield / northern Peak area doing the OCT this year? If so could I drop off the trophy with you on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening this week.

IanDarkPeak - I'm thinking you must be in this neck of the woods?

Cheers,

Tom Brunt

Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    Is there anyone in the Holmfirth / Huddersfield / Wakefield / northern Peak area doing the OCT this year? If so could I drop off the trophy with you on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening this week.

IanDarkPeak - I'm thinking you must be in this neck of the woods?

Cheers,

Tom Brunt
    Tom, I'm working in Huddersfield on Thursday, 9 to 5, if that's any good? May also be in on Wednesday, same hours.

blog

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Good to meet you too Richard although I think we possible may have met 4 years ago in Langdale after my very first BG recce.

It's looking like a hot one on Saturday. drink plenty of whatever you can find.
    Yes, you're right, we did meet way back then. A group of you trotting back in as I remember, having had a big day out.

Well, nice to meet you AGAIN then!

blog