I am expecting at least one or two of you on here to have suffered with this?

I have been in a steady decline with ill health and varying symptoms since October 2012. I have seen the GP so many times now, I almost live at the surgery. My blood has been tested for everything under the sun, I have even had an MRI and lumbar puncture as after a lengthy differential diagnosis that lasted a year the GP thought I had MS.

I have mentioned the possibility of Lyme's to him before but he doesn't seem to want to hear it. I have now forced his hand and he has reluctantly agreed to send some bloods of for testing. However, he is saying I developed symptoms 6 months ago, not a year ago and is also not convinced of putting my whole symptoms package together into one 'disease'

The blood testing takes 4-6 weeks to come back with a result. I am gradually getting worse and am now starting to fear damage being done is irreversible.

Does anyone else on here have experience with Lyme's and it being diagnosed about a year after initial infection? What was the treatment and outcome? My GP says that even if I have Lyme's, he can't do anything about it as you can't treat it at this stage. This seems too defeatist to me, especially as in the Netherlands, where I come from, and in the US, where it is much more prevalent, they use long term (1-2 years) antibiotic treatment with success?

Practically, I am looking for a precedent so I can get the NHS to pull their finger out and get me the treatment I need rather than slowly dying