Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyme Disease

Quote Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
    This is the tick remover I use: http://www.misotrading.co.uk/

Its the best one I've tried and I much prefer it to the tweezer-type removers or the tom o'tick
    not unlike my earlier impromptu lasso..

wouldn't mind trying one of those out. We have the tom o'Tick tools in my and all the DofE first aid kits

I've got one of these permanently in my wallet:

http://www.tickremoval.co.uk/tick_card.html

Cheap, easy to carry, but luckily since I got it last year I've not had to use it so can't yet vouch for how easy or effective it is to use! I always found the tweezer type removers both fiddly and never on hand when needed! Lifesystems also do the same thing

I also read about the distilled vinegar and water based repellent on Facebook. Sounded good, but would want know it worked before relying on it.

Smidge sounds useful Ian, as DEET is nasty stuff. Anyone any experience of how Avon Skin So softly works as a tick repellent? Definitely works on midges!

http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I've got one of these permanently in my wallet:

http://www.tickremoval.co.uk/tick_card.html

Cheap, easy to carry, but luckily since I got it last year I've not had to use it so can't yet vouch for how easy or effective it is to use! I always found the tweezer type removers both fiddly and never on hand when needed! Lifesystems also do the same thing

I also read about the distilled vinegar and water based repellent on Facebook. Sounded good, but would want know it worked before relying on it.

Smidge sounds useful Ian, as DEET is nasty stuff. Anyone any experience of how Avon Skin So softly works as a tick repellent? Definitely works on midges!
    two days in Knoydart and 2 tick bites, reckon I removed them on the day on the bite though as they came off relatively easy.

I did put repellent on ground conditions were incredibly wet and I suspect that this washed off the repellent, both bites were beneath the knee

i wouldnt have a clue if i had been ticked or not

Picked a tick up after OCT, it hadn't fed much thow maybe as i put my compression tights on after race? didn't notice it until i got into shower later.
    the wife picked it off cleanly like a spot.
    WOODZY.

Quick update: left knee also shot, operation needed to be functional again, just as things were looking up and I was able to walk and ride (and work) grrrrrr, whatever next???

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Quick update: left knee also shot, operation needed to be functional again, just as things were looking up and I was able to walk and ride (and work) grrrrrr, whatever next???
    I feel your pain, how's his excellency Lord Taylor getting on? As-tha ur-dowt?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Removed ticks from my wife and daughter this in the past two months. Deer have been on the hill behind our house. No Lyme signs yet. Strange that with all my miles of Heather and bracken bashing I have never had one!

Maybe it is your diet... They don't like garlic and the cannot latch on if you oil your legs, like some cyclists do, or if you use those warming creams with mentol they stay away too.

Don't know about Sir Amex... Hardly ever on here these days.