Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Runfurther series 2014

Runfurther series 2014

Runfurther Ultra Series - getting the show back on the road

There will a presentation ceremony, cakes and a meeting in Calderdale on Saturday 18 January after the Hebden challenge event. The venue is the Dusty Miller and Coiners pub/restaurant in Mytholmroyd, This is situated across the main road from the church hall where the Hebden is based. Start time will be 2:30pm (changed from 3pm). The Runfurther presentation isn't connected with the Hebden in any way, but since a number of us will be running in it, it seemed the best occasion to get together. The presentations will be to celebrate the winners of the 2013 series. The meeting will be to relaunch Runfurther under the control of the active runners in the series, so we can deliver a successful series for 2014 and beyond. We are grateful to Mark Hartell for his advisory / consultative services in making this possible. If you took part in the series this year, or want to next year, please come. We are still working out the details, but the plan is for all runners
    who completed at least 2 of the 2013 races to be voting members for the 2014 season - the meeting will elect the initial committee.

More details to follow - we're working hard getting Runfurther back on the rails

Andy Robinson
    Nick Ham
    Karen Nash
    Dick Scroop

The acting Runfurther committee

P.S. We're well advanced with working on which races to include in the 2014 series, and we'll announce those shortly too.
    Last edited by Splatcher; 18-11-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Start time changed
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Super Moderator
    Andy, very best of luck to you Nick, Karen and Dick with this
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Andy, very best of luck to you Nick, Karen and Dick with this
    Hear hear!
    always gratifying to hear of runners doing something constructive for the sport

let us know if you need any more help(ers) - I'm sure you'll get a good response on here (from myself for one!)
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Hi was wondering how you get your races considered for the series. I have 2 in Calderdale area you may well be interested in. The Calderdale Way Ultra (open for entry) and the Canalathon soon to be announced. Many thanks john lloyd aka cannonball events

Quote Originally Posted by John Lloyd View Post
    Hi was wondering how you get your races considered for the series.
    Hi John. I've PM'd you. Let me know if you've got more questions.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

We've brought the meeting start time for 18 January forward to 2:30, so the faster runners won't be hanging around for so long. I'll edit the original post as well.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

The runfurther.com website is temporarily down - we're replacing it with a new one & a basic version will be up in a day or 3. We'll then be updating it regularly with whatever comes our way!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

A basic website is now up. It'll be up & down for a while until I've got it all properly sorted out, but mostly it'll be up & getting improved as we go along. We've got 4 of the 12 events we want for the 2014 series confirmed with the ROs, but we won't be posting the list of events until we've got all 12 agreed.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    A basic website is now up. It'll be up & down for a while until I've got it all properly sorted out, but mostly it'll be up & getting improved as we go along. We've got 4 of the 12 events we want for the 2014 series confirmed with the ROs, but we won't be posting the list of events until we've got all 12 agreed.
    Can move sites around for you if you want - moved loads of wordpress sites in the past.

There are a few event/calendar plugins that can be useful for things like this.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 22-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    Can move sites around for you if you want - moved loads of wordpress sites in the past.

There are a few event/calendar plugins that can be useful for things like this.
    pm'd you - thanks very much
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club