Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Runfurther series 2014

Thanks Andy, you workhorse you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    ... Better get back to planning for Saturday's Sandstone Trail Challenge now. A RO's work is never done...
    Just wanted to say thanks to Andy, Helsby RC and everyone involved in organising the Sandstone Trail Challenge this weekend. Really enjoyed it, despite a bit of mud and a few nettles ... and the Helsby scouts at the community centre did a fantastic job of feeding us at the end.

Thanks noj! The Shap results aren't published on their site yet, but I've got them, & I've updated the Runfurther.com website. So the updated leaderboard is up, and links to race reports & photos. Kevin Hoult and Karen Nash both set course records on Saturday, so congratulations to both. It was a great day out, even if I wasn't in a fit state to finish.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

The Runfurther website now has the results from the Vegan Welsh 3000s up, plus a few photos and a couple of race reports. What a race that was!

The next Runfurther race is the Long Tour of Bradwell on 9 August, so we can get a breather from Runfurther races to get on with thinking about the end of year party and next year's Runfurther races. No rest for the wicked...
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Great reading the reports from Andy and Nigel - almost makes up for not being able to be there.

The Bradwell results are now included in the Runfurther leaderboard on the website. There's a link to Nick's Bradwell photos too - a great set of photos Nick!

Ian Symington's now my tip for Runfurther men's champion 2014, although he needs to get an entry into the Round Rotherham 50. If he runs Rotherham I can't see him being beaten. If he doesn't, my money's on Ken Sutor: even though he's only run 2 races so far he's entered all 3 remaining races so he clearly means business.

The women's title is probably going to go to either Emma David, Kate Whitfield or Nicky Spinks. If Nicky goes for it she could win I think. If she doesn't then Emma and Kate could be very close at the end, and I'm not going to try to call that one.
    Last edited by Splatcher; 11-08-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

HP40 results have now been included on the Runfurther leaderboard, even though the race results aren't out yet - how's that for service? I've no idea who's going to win the men's title, as it depends who runs at the Round Rotherham 50 on 18 October. Six of them are still possible winners, but Ian Symington (CVFR) still has to be favourite. Kate Whitfield of Mercia Fell Runners will probably win the women's title but needs to beat Emma David at Rotherham to be sure. See y'all at Rotherham!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

I've added the Rotherham results in and the final 2014 results have now been published on www.runfurther.com. Congratulations in particular to Ian Symington & Kate Whitfield, first man and woman, and to Emma David and Nigel Aston, Grand Slammers both. And to Calder Valley Fell Runners A team for winning the team competition (Ian Symington, John Minta and Kevin Hoult).
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

This is (probably) the last forum reminder of this year's Runfurther AGM, prizegiving & cake, at the Rambler Inn in Edale, at 3pm on Saturday (29th) after the Dark & White mini-MM race. Members please be there if you can, or we'll have cake left over. And we need to elect a committee for next year. And drink beer. See you there. If you want to run the ultras next year, turn up & join on Saturday!
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

There's now a write-up of the AGM/prizegiving (sorry it's late), & a write-up on Saturday's Tour de Helvellyn on the Runfurther.com website. Phew. Now I can go & wrap presents...
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club