Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Save Coniston Surgery

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The devil's own View Post
    My mistake on the crem form front - I knew it was one of them - and I know exactly how much work goes into them. However there's other payments of this ilk, that the majority of the public aren't aware of such as doctors attending 136/MHA assessments which is £170 a pop - and I know just exactly how much - or how little can go into these. And yes some consultants do get paid for there travel to work and a lot that work clinically also get clinical excellence awards - maybe not in your experience but definitely in mine. And then there's the option of private practice but there's no real need to go into that as this is about where the NHS is going wrong, and not just about Doctors. There are many issues, the point is more consultants isn't the answer to any of the problems.
    Re-deployment of the Consultants we have already got may be all that is needed - though I suspect many would take early retirement and we would need to employ new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Re-deployment of the Consultants we have already got may be all that is needed - though I suspect many would take early retirement and we would need to employ new ones.
    Redeployment of excess consultants and middle/upper management would be a good start

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    Our local MP, Tim Farron, acting on our behalf: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...59&st=10:59:20

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    Can you sign this 38 Degrees petition to tell Jeremy Hunt that we don't want to compromise our surgeries?
    Many thanks!
    The petition text:
    Dear Jeremy Hunt,

Our local GPs play a vital role in our communities and helping everyone access the care that they need. They’re the first people we turn to when something goes wrong.

If you go ahead with your plans to strip away millions of pounds from some GPs, hundreds of thousands of us could lose the local doctors that we know and trust.

The Government’s reforms could hit some of the poorest communities in the country. The funding needs to be fair and ensure all communities get the level of support they need.

As Health Secretary, you have the power to save our GP surgeries. Please don’t cut the funding for our local doctors.