Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Coniston Surgery

Senior Member Don't fear the sweeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The devil's own View Post
    ... Unless things change ...
    Sounds a good idea to me. Make large corporations pay their fair share of tax, cancel the HS2 vanity project.

Get a decent government that doesn't pretend it cares about the NHS but is sabotaging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't fear the sweeper View Post
    S Make large corporations pay their fair share of tax, cancel the HS2 vanity project.

Get a decent government that doesn't pretend it cares about the NHS but is sabotaging it.
    Yeah it would be nice, but I wont be holding my breath.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Problem is we want two types of Health Service (and education service, transport infrastructure, etc). If our loved one is ill we want to them to get the best care possible and to know if the outcome is bad that money would not have made a difference. We also want the Health Service that we are preparded to pay for. So if we are not happy with it is it our fault or the goverement?

Master
    Taxi?
    .... or call an ambulance and go to A+E instead - this is the choice people are increasingly making - think what it does to overall costs.

M wife used to work for the Animal Veterinary charity PDSA. (one for the whole of Greater Manchester) Some of their clients expected the charity to pay for the taxi when having an "in the middle of the night emergency"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    .... or call an ambulance and go to A+E instead - this is the choice people are increasingly making - think what it does to overall costs.
    Don't even start me on people that do that.
    Thankfully it seems ambulance control is starting to triage calls a lot better than they have in the past in order to deal with these clowns who contact ambulances without need.
    Last edited by The devil's own; 02-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.

I may be playing devil's advocate here, but...

If petitions make any difference in how healthcare resources are allocated, I should definitely not sign this petition because it will take money from my local surgery.

Sorry.

I have been quite impressed by our local practice. Its a large one with a wide catchment area. So much so that they were getting short of room for the GPs and patients. They have now fitted out the top floor of the old library in my village that the council closed down and put in 2 surgeries and a small waiting room. Its only 700m from my front door so is very convenient even though you may have to wait a little longer for an appointment there than at the main surgery.
    No country for old men.

Master
    Don't even start me on people that do that.
    Thankfully it seems ambulance control is starting to triage calls a lot better than they have in the past in order to deal with these clowns who contact ambulances without need.
    I am not suggesting people do it, but increasingly they do, and closing down easy access to GPs will nudge more of them in that direction.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I may be playing devil's advocate here, but...

If petitions make any difference in how healthcare resources are allocated, I should definitely not sign this petition because it will take money from my local surgery.

Sorry.
    If we all sign such petitions then the powers that be will realise that the NHS needs more money and is a vote winner, whereas - for example - Trident doesn't/isn't.