Thread: Hoofstones Fell Race

Hoofstones Fell Race

Hi all,

I have a new fell race in a couple of weeks to raise money for the Calder Valley Mountain Rescue. The route follows an out and back to the Long Causeway then Navigation section up down to Noah Dale up to Hoofstones and back. I have added a map to the race website see https://fellrace.org.uk/races/hoofstones for further details.

There will be an informal recce on sunday at 10.45 meet at the Sportsmans Pub Long Causeway Todmorden. We will just be covering the Nav sections of the race, possibly looking at different lines (as noone knows the quickest route)

Cheers

Dan

Hi all,

We have added a downloadable pdf map of the course to our dedicated webpage https://fellrace.org.uk/races/hoofstones you will need one on the day.

We are short of a few marshalls to take numbers at the checkpoints on the nav section. pm me or email [email protected] if you can assist.

Cheers

Dan

Hi all,

Everything going to plan so far and no sign yet of baby Taylor coming (due 29th). I am going visiting the remaining farms/houses near the route tonight (with possibly some trimming of branches on the path through the forest/wood.

As we have had to cancel the beer festival, we are now going to award each finisher with a bottle of ale (there may be a few lagers). Hope to see some new and old faces, breaking new ground for fell races (after the first mile).

Dan

ps still a couple of marshalls short if anyone can help its for a good cause (Calder Valley Mountain Rescue)

OS Style map for Hoofstones with km lines on, this is better than the previous one, but you will need to mark the checkpoints and in/out route on.

Hoofstones map draft_page_001.jpg

Dan