Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LAMM anybody else in?

Hopefully we will all be OK. Lymes disease is very serious but not all ticks carry it, and most ticks we will have removed safely?
    Adnan like you the midges loved me. A quick nip out at 1am for a wee was a real problem. Had to go to chemist yesterday to get cream and even then it disturbed my sleep.

Well done Karen and Kev (Tahr) - great result and some meaty terrain. Ticks or no ticks, I'll have to give it go before getting too much older. Am sticking with RAB and OMM again this year and gradually getting the longer runs into my legs.

We had a slow steady weekend and came exactly halfway down the score course - I was struggling on the loony rough ground descents, as it just isn't something I ever do on the trails of NZ.I even had the ultimate ignominy of Andy taking my pack for the last part of the pull up from the standing stone to the bealach below Fuar Tholl...

However, beautiful hills, a great mid-camp, a good sleep and an outing I never thought I would have a chance to do again so a great weekend all told.

I trust the Tahr was warm enough on saturday night in the new bag - I was absolutely roasting! If there is a next time I'm getting a tent with a mesh inner... Other note to self, always slather the builder's bottom in DEET before bending over to mark the CPs on the map as I have a million midge bites in a very scary place...

Well done Kev and Karen (and partners) - strong placings!

b

Master
    I think most of the ticks were on the ground at the midcamp - I found 9 on my legs, of which 2 still hadn't bitten. Just 2 from the second day.

The midge bites are causing me more immediate worry. Overdose of antihistamine caused me to sleep through two alarms and be late for work. So late they were worried not cross and thought perhaps I had been involved in an accident!

Thanks to the well dones everybody

I hope your partner is still talking to you Adnan?? After them days out! Funnily I was thinking of you scampering across boulders Adnan, and hopefully not falling and hurting your thumb as we traversed them. I have had loads of tick bites over the years mate, still here; watch out for bulls eyes red marks around the bite area and flu like symptoms. If you noticed I me and my partner were wearing long compression socks we had given these a good soaking it DEET. On the exposed skin we used “Smidge” (bloody good stuff) neither of us picked up a single tick and only a few midge bites.

Karen for post midge bites to stop the bites I really recommend “Itch Ease” which is an herbal product.

Hi Ben sleeping bag was fine thanks, anybody else doing the SLMM?
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Yep SLMM Klets for me again, assuming my body has recovered- issues with all parts of my right foot at moment but something every weekend so no chance to rest.
    Smidge sounds worth a try. thanks.

Master
    My partner and I both tried Smidge this year for the first time. She had no ticks, I was covered in them. Make of that what you will!

Fond memories of this year's LAMM. Love the new video that Martin Stone has posted on the LAMM website.