Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LAMM anybody else in?

The weather is looking good, but the south of Scotland and England is looking like wet and stormy.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Rain at LAMM last night but hopefully better when we all get there. One forecast says worst rain overnight on sat which would not be so bad!

In our B Class me and my partner finished in 9th overall, first fastest male vet' team, but 2nd after the handicap system was applied. After the first day we were lying 13th overall and 2nd fastest Vet' team we set ourselves the target for day 2 as a top 10 finish and to become the fastest Vets. We are both very happy with our performance, we even climbed in to snow on one peak. It was great to see Adnan there, I need to find out about his epic day one??? and meet up with some other old friends.

We managed First Ladies and 3rd vets, missing 2nd vets by seconds, on the B. Tough climb up that gully to the Munro top on day 2. We did not have a perfect run either day- crag bound in wooded stream gullies on day 1! But were pleased overall and had a great weekend
    Last edited by karen nash; 09-06-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Sorry Karen that was me my partner that pipped you by seconds

We took the route though the col to Mao Chean Dearg, we had a Swedish team that followed us for most of day 1 and all day 2, they were quite honest about it telling us “Your line seem better that ours we shall follow you” we came though the col and behind us I hear one of the Swedes say “no no we cannot be climbing that!”. It was quite slippy in the gully towards the top, one of the Swedes in front froze and I had to encourage him on to the grassy bit on the left. However on the top the “dipper” wasn’t working. I timed our climb from the track to summit in 56 minutes. That check point was epic.

Agree!we went up that same gully, avoided the snow, but the stones were getting very loose with lots of shouts of ' below'. Box on top was Sid and had not been working all day I believe. Just glad we were going UP and not coming down that way.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Agree!we went up that same gully, avoided the snow, but the stones were getting very loose with lots of shouts of ' below'. Box on top was Sid and had not been working all day I believe. Just glad we were going UP and not coming down that way.
    We came down that gully on Day 1 on the Score. A little bit spicy... We paired up with another team to avoid dislodging some fairly large blocks onto each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    It was great to see Adnan there, I need to find out about his epic day one??? and meet up with some other old friends.
    Hi Kev, Yes it was nice to see you . It was long 2 days for us. We were last in our class on first day and the very last on second day. I liked the rough terrain and boulders but my partner found the terrain very challenging. We did nearly 50 miles with extra climbing than we were supposed to do . Went to A&E last night to get the ticks removed and spent all night scratching (still scratching..). The midges seemed to love me.

_|_
    ./\.

Never occurred to me to go to A and E with ticks (I had quite a few and sent then
    M to the Salford survey). We're A and E happy to see you? It did bother me whether I had successfully removed the whole thing as they were such tiny ticks compared to sheep ones in the lake district

It was my first encounter and I thought I am going to die, Karen . The email from LAMM sounded very serious and I was worried all weekend plus I scratched few and kept over-thinking about their teeth still in on my legs. I've been given antibiotics and I am thinking whether to take them or not.

_|_
    ./\.