Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attempt 18 May

Aww sorry to hear that Bill. Hope you are recovering well.

_|_
    ./\.

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Aww sorry to hear that Bill. Hope you are recovering well.
    Cheers Adnan, the odd niggle but got round the Hardmoors 55 ok so well on the mend, but just haven't done enough climbing. Well done on your epic run

Quote Originally Posted by Arkel View Post
    Cheers Adnan, the odd niggle but got round the Hardmoors 55 ok so well on the mend, but just haven't done enough climbing. Well done on your epic run
    Thanks. Well done to you too. HM55 sounds tough. I've still kept my mental fitness just need to do more climbing myself. Seen as the weather is getting better I will be spending most weekends on the fells.

_|_
    ./\.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkel View Post
    Well I've decided after much consideration to postpone my attempt to later in the year. I injured my calf in a road race in February and had to take 4 weeks off. So I just don't feel I've done enough training, I want to feel like I've done everything I can in preparation especially as it would be my second attempt. Thankyou all for the offers of support this time around. I'll still be looking to get up to the Lakes over the spring/summer for recces and support on attempts.

Cheers,

Bill
    Sorry to hear that Bill, but at least I might be able to help out on your round which is something I am keen to do if you will have me on board?

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Super Moderator
    Bill, a thought. If you can get round H55 in late-March okay then why not build up your training for an attempt later in the year. Mid to late August is still fine. The dark and relative cool air aren't really an issue. Good luck whatever you choose to do
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 01-04-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hi Kev, of course I'd have you on board! Yes DT that's kind of my plan, slightly scuppered by doing the Outlaw long distance triathlon in late July, but if I recover well, may have a go August or September. All the rounds I supported last September were successful so I know it's doable.

Master
    I am having to cancel my 55@55 planned for the 17th and 18th due to a problem with both knees and ITB. Hate having to bail out after so much effort so far and looks now more likely to be a 56@56.

Super Moderator
    Sorry to hear that Simon. All the best mate
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    I am having to cancel my 55@55 planned for the 17th and 18th due to a problem with both knees and ITB. Hate having to bail out after so much effort so far and looks now more likely to be a 56@56.
    That's bad luck, could you not put it back to later in the year?