Thread: Lucy, 7month collie cross

Lucy, 7month collie cross

Another dog needing a home. Would be absolutely great for fell running. Lucy is 7 to 8 months old, neutered and house trained. She has been in foster care getting assessed after being removed from a domestic violence home. She's rather nervous but improving daily and very intelligent and quick to learn. She has bundles of energy and loves other dogs. Not tested with sheep but extremely focused and trainable so shouldn't be a problem. Looking for a home with someone kind who wants a devoted friend to run miles and miles with...

WP_000330.jpgWP_000316.jpgWP_000325.jpg

Thanks to Sue, Longdogs and Charmian - I went to view Lucy this morning and came home with her this afternoon.

She is now happily settled in at my farm. We've been for a good walk and she's made friends with Tyke (5yr collie cross) and has learnt to respect Tango (10 yr collie and subsequently Matron round the farm). Although she doesn't generally like men Steve has charmed her round (as he does most females!!). I'm very pleased with her and can't wait to get her out running!

I'll post updates as and when. If anyone is looking for a dog then I can highly recommend Longdogs's contacts.

Nicky
    Last edited by Nicky; 06-01-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Thanks to Sue, Longdogs and Charmian - I went to view Lucy this morning and came home with her this afternoon.

She is now happily settled in at my farm.
    Fantastic - looks like a real cracker you've got there!
    Don't leave your empties on the hill!

Well done Nicky!! So pleased for you and the dog, can't wait to see you out on the fells with her !

Nice one Nicky - can't wait to meet her and great to hear she has settled in well :-)
    Charmian

Nice one, great to see Lucy has a good home.

ATB with her.

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/