Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orchan Rocks Fell Race AS

Thanks for the positive comments guys, hoping to run the race annually.

Official Results

Orchan Rocks Results 2014_page_001.jpgOrchan Rocks Results 2014_page_002.jpg

Will be a report to follow, but a big thanks to the Marshalls and to The Staff of Life for hosting a successful first race as RO for me.

Dan Taylor

Many Thanks to all who ran or helped to marshall.

We have managed to raise £76.50 for Charity (This represents £1.50 from each entry), £51 will be going to the Charlie Bear Cancer Appeal and £25.50 will be going to a charity of Tod harriers choice (possibly The Candlelighters) to be decided next meeting.

Marshalls this couldn't have happened without your help, everyone commented how friendly you all were and how well the race was orgainised this reflects well on all the helpers.

Thanks Again

Dan

Race report as forwarded to Tod News and fellrunner magazine
    Orchan Rocks Fell Race Report 06.05.2014_page_001.jpg

Link to another race report from our race sponsor I-Run Sports.

http://irunsports.wordpress.com/2014...cks-fell-race/

Hello all,

It almost time for the second running of the Orchan Rocks Fell Race. This year it's on Tuesday 28th April, once again from the Staff of Life pub, burnley rd Todmorden.

http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=3923

You may or may not know I was knocked off my bike in December suffering various injuries (broken nose,fracture in neck, broken thumb, face and knee stitched up) 6 weeks after I fell harmlessly over and broke my knee. I am slowly recovering but won't be running for around 10 more weeks.

Anyway less about me and more about the race. With the help of friends, family and club mates from Tod Harriers ( who made the recent Flower Scar race such a success) we are still running the race. It's a quick dash of an AS race, with a lovely grassy descent to the finish. Everyone who did it last year enjoyed the route and hopefully over time it can become a local classic.

I have posted in the recce section of the forum with details of the first organised recce on Saturday 21st.

I look forward to seeing some old and new faces at the race.

Any questions just ask.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    Hello all,

It almost time for the second running of the Orchan Rocks Fell Race. This year it's on Tuesday 28th April, once again from the Staff of Life pub, burnley rd Todmorden.

http://fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=3923

You may or may not know I was knocked off my bike in December suffering various injuries (broken nose,fracture in neck, broken thumb, face and knee stitched up) 6 weeks after I fell harmlessly over and broke my knee. I am slowly recovering but won't be running for around 10 more weeks.

Anyway less about me and more about the race. With the help of friends, family and club mates from Tod Harriers ( who made the recent Flower Scar race such a success) we are still running the race. It's a quick dash of an AS race, with a lovely grassy descent to the finish. Everyone who did it last year enjoyed the route and hopefully over time it can become a local classic.

I have posted in the recce section of the forum with details of the first organised recce on Saturday 21st.

I look forward to seeing some old and new faces at the race.

Any questions just ask.

Dan
    Sorry to have heard about you accident Dan, I hope you are back running soon. Your event is in my diary, loved the race last year.
    Steve Fish : Clayton Le Moors Harriers

Hi all,

It just over 2 weeks to the race now, we have another recce on next monday (see recce forum for details).

If anyone needs any further info or has any queries please pm or email [email protected]

Cheers

Dan Taylor
    Tod Harriers

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update about the Orchan Rocks race next tuesday, 7pm from the Staff of Life Pub Burnley road todmorden. Everything is going to plan, the landowner is away so no issues there and permission has been granted.

The ground was dry at the recce on monday, but there could be rain before race day. If the weather is not good, there could be statutory kit requirements, which could include a Waterproof Top, hat and gloves, please come prepared for this.

We are all good for marshalls and have a few spares if needed, if anyone can no longer help please let me know.

Most of all I am hoping to see lots of the new faces, it would be great for a first time fell racer and they could be in line for a spot prize.

Orchan Rocks is 3.5 miles long and has a couple of tough climbs, but they can be walked and the route is very easy to follow. Your unlikely to get lost, the views on a nice day are amazing and the descent is great.

Further details http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=3923

Any questions just ask.

Hope to see you Tuesday.

Dan

please car share if possible as parking is limited at The Staff of Life Pub.

These car parks are within 5 minutes walk of the start.

Car Parks Orchan Rocks 2015_page_001.jpg

Car Parks Orchan Rocks 2015_page_002.jpg

please car share if possible as parking is limited at The Staff of Life Pub.

These car parks are within 5 minutes walk of the start.

Car Parks Orchan Rocks 2015_page_001.jpg

Car Parks Orchan Rocks 2015_page_002.jpg

I'll be one of the 'new faces'. Not done this race before so looking forward to it.
    Is there a map of the course?
    See the light in the night