Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orchan Rocks Fell Race AS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Race Orchan Rocks AS

Hi All,

Some of you may know already that I have a couple of new AS races in the calender this year. The first of these Orchan Rocks takes place on Tuesday 29th April starting at 7pm. I have just been tonight to finalise the event HQ. This will be the Staff of Life Pub Burnley Road Todmorden. The race is 5.5km long with 280m of climbing and is open to anyone over the age of 14. The route is short and fast, running on nice grassy Pennine paths, with breathtaking scenery along the way. I don't have a website as such and so am using a face book page to promote the event. The link is below its basic at present but I will add a link to the route map shortly. Hope to see some of you there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1427...oming&source=1

Dan
    Last edited by dantodman; 23-01-2014 at 11:46 AM.

I have now seen most of the tenants and just have the landowner to see to finalise the race. I am attaching some photos of the route. Hopefully once everything is arranged I will be organising recce's of the route, possibly with food at the pub afterwards, will post dates once sorted. I also hope to have a video of the route in the next couple of weeks which i will post on the facebook race page and also here.

If anyone wants to help Marshall, they can have a free entry to my other race Bridestones on 17th June for assisting.

Dan
    orchan rocks 1.jpg

orchan rocks 2.jpg

orchan rocks 3.jpg

orchan rocks 4.jpg

orchan rocks 5.jpg

Good luck with it. I had my Stag Night in the Staff of Life back in the 80s. It was a great pub then. I'd be tempted to run,but I'll be recovering from the Three Peaks
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Good luck with it. I had my Stag Night in the Staff of Life back in the 80s. It was a great pub then. I'd be tempted to run,but I'll be recovering from the Three Peaks
    I remember the pub being good back in those days, it was my mum and dads local for many years. Nowadays it has a new owner Tim and the food is very good, people come from all around. He has offered to do some post race grub but we are undecided on this yet.

Dan

Would be great if you could come Richard, it will be a nice short blast to get the ache out of your legs from 3 Peaks

After trying to speak to the landowner 2 times without luck,I have now sent a letter to request their permission for the race. Hopefully I will get this back shortly then I can post a map of the route. There has been some interest in a guided recce and I am hoping to organise this one saturday or sunday in feb or early march. The pub may even do some food for us. If anyone is interested in this or willing to help out as a marshall, please post here or PM me.

Dan

Phone call from the landowner today, no problem with us doing the race. He warned me it may be muddy on parts of the course even at the end of April. Hope that doesn't put anyone off.

Will be posting a GPX of the route shortly and I am hoping to organise some recces, possibly first on a weekend then one nearer the race in the evening. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Dan

Great news Dan - getting permission can be tough - all systems go!