Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Bunny Bluff

One month to go!
    A gentle plea, those of you who may be toying with idea, please don't leave it late. The equipment hire is pretty expensive and I need to have an idea of numbers sooner rather than later. In subsequent years, I'm sure this will get easier!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Imagine a nice saturday afternoon in Sunny Wales,. Parked up deep in the heart of the Black Mountains. Cricket on the radio, a thermos of refreshing tea by your side and the finest home made sandwiches nestling in your tum. Overhead, red kites hover and dart, looking for lunch. Sheep bleat, bees hum and, every now and again, a wretched sweaty human passes by, suffering for your entertainment.

All this and more is offered free of charge in return for your time. Volunteer marshals, sign up here! (could do with a couple more!!)
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Entry Update:
    Simon Neville
    Janet Richards
    Ben Beaumont
    Paul Beeson
    Helen Fines
    Jerome McAllister
    David Powell
    Gareth Jones
    William Darby
    Karen Elvers
    Steve Long
    Jonathan Gledson

Runners now outnumber the organising team!!
    Confirmed marshals are:
    Manhar
    Ian Lewis
    Doug Adlam
    Derek Thornley
    Toffer
    Matt Hand
    Jane Hand
    Rod Jones
    Stan
    Andy Mullett
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Some new photos and notes have been added to the website...please look up the relevant pages if interested.
    A new prize category has been added....the best excuse for NOT entering.

So far, way out in the lead is 'I cannot do the race because I will be artificially inseminating 5 cows that day'!! Way to go!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze;590126

So far, way out in the lead is [I
    'I cannot do the race because I will be artificially inseminating 5 cows that day[/I]'!! Way to go!

Could be better: "I cannot do the race because I will be inseminating 5 sheep that day"

Sorry about that, I shall crawl back down my hole!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Or how about (& this does not apply to me btw, I hasten to add ) - I cannot do the race because I am being inseminated by 5 sheep / cows...........

Hope the offer of the finest home made sarnies & the majesty of the black mountains has enticed 1 or 2 more marshalls for you Wheeze.
    Last edited by Manhar; 19-07-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: It's Saturday- time for a slice of banana cake
    This BG round & the training therein is dedicated to the fond memory of Daz H - there is no such word as can't.

Barring illness/strife, I think we are up to strength now mate.
    Did the Waun Fach race yesterday and the tops are much drier. Somehow we seemed to miss the torrential downpours that strafed the country over the last 48 hours! Beautiful race made utterly special by the Red Kite that was hunting right over the dragons back as we barrelled down that amazing rollercoaster. Every race has its special bits but you'd have to a long way to beat that.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

OK people, with the closing date for online entry being Friday 1st Aug, it means that there is just this weekend left for people to get their act together and enter (most entries seem to be made at weekends!).
    A few people have been asking about entering so its obvious that numbers will swell past the 12 currently paid up to race. But, not unreasonably, the IT providers are asking for an idea of final numbers. Taking a pragmatic view (comparing with how many people ran Brecon Beacons race for example), its been decided to cap entry numbers to 40.
    So, if you are still thinking of entering, please do it now to avoid disappointment.

If anyone was planning to do the race and misses the cut, well apologies. But we are on a learning curve this year. And, should you really leave stuff like that so late??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Come on people. You don't expect to enter Ennerdale on the day do you? I've reccied this route in its entirety and it's good. If you live south of Manchester just enter the damn thing! Thinking about it, if you live north of Manchester just enter the damn thing...

Oh look... techie stuff to keep tabs on you and keep you out of mischief...

http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/sbb2014.cfm