Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempt 4th July 2014

Attempt 4th July 2014

Hi folks. Me and a friend are attempting a clockwise 23hr scheduled round starting at 7pm on Friday 4th of July 2014. We have a couple of pacers on board so far, one who has already completed it. We have a good road team of 4 and a camper van. I'm looking for anyone who is free to help us out pacing or navigating a leg please. Ideally preferable if you have either completed a round yourself or suported a previous leg or two. Recce dates to be organised very soon. Thanks Joe.

Our first recce is on March 2/3. We will be doing leg 1 and 2. Staying at the bunk barn in Threlkeld on Sunday night. It's only £10. If anyone wants to join us they are welcome 😄.

Hi could be interested. Looking to do legs 1 and 2 around that time. We are looking at a June 13th attempt. Will have to let you know nearer the day. Don't expect any nav tips never done them before! Cheers phil

Great. Just pm me closer the time Phil.

Hi Joe, I'd be up for coming along too. I take it you are going to do a leg a day? Leg 1 on the Sun, leg 2 Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by mikekeswick View Post
    Hi Joe, I'd be up for coming along too. I take it you are going to do a leg a day? Leg 1 on the Sun, leg 2 Monday?
    Yes Mike, that's the plan. Should be arriving in Keswick around 10am ish on the Sunday. Pm me your contact details later at somepoint and I can let u know exactly when and where we'll be. If you have any good tips of the route then please share when we meet up! Thanks Wooj

Fancy planning a BG on TDF weekend in Yorkshire!

I,m up for recce in March though. I,ll speak to you soon!!
    Last edited by HUGH JARSE; 26-01-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH JARSE View Post
    Fancy planning a BG on TDF weekend in Yorkshire!

I,m up for recce in March though. I,ll speak to you soon!!
    I know! It was the only time my mate and our road crew could do it. Shame as a few of my work colleagues would of helped out 😔. It seems most fell runners enjoy cycling too lol.

Our first recce is coming up this weekend. Those that want to come along can. We will be recceing though and not running a fast time!
    Sunday is leg 1 and Monday is leg 2
    Starting on Sunday from Moothall around 11am.
    Pm me if you want to join our group. We have 6 so far for the first day and 3 for the 2nd.
    Me and Matt are also in need of a few more pacers if anyone is free to help out on 4/5th of July. I know it's the weekend of Le Tour but must be a few out there who are free?
    Good luck to everyone else on their attempts this year.
    Wooj

Big recce this Friday/Saturday. Anyone wants to join up can. Clockwise starting leg 3 at Dunmail 8am sharp. Saturday starting leg 4 at Wasdale at 8amish going all the way into leg 5 and finish as Keswick. PM me if you want to tag along.
    Wooj.