Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light Waterproof Overmitt

Hagloffs, goretex paclite overmitts. A few good worthwhile features, not flappy and kept my gloves dry for the duration of the Spine.

A very good combination that works well for me is the Montane Prism glove - very warm, lightweight and keeps hands warm even when wet - and then in very wet conditions the Montane Minimus mitt, again very lightweight, breathable and waterproof. It's quite an expensive combination but they both work extremely well and pack down to a size no bigger than an apple.

I was once golfing with a guy & when it started raining he got a pair of Marigolds out. Swore by them for both grip & waterproofing. I'm thinking a Merino liner glove with Marigolds over the top? What's the most manly colour they do?

Husband uses marigolds too, yellow. He looks a bird but says his hands stay dry

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Hi,

I think I need a new pair of highly waterproof yet very lightweight overmitts to keep my hands dry which should keep my hands warm.
    Much of the debate has been on items that seem applicable for the cold weather of a British winter; not sure I would wear Buffalo mitts other then in winter.

Sometime kit lists for summer races require waterproof gloves, UTMB for instance. Whilst these are pricey, I have used them in 2 CCCs and a UTMB to decent effect:

http://www.raidlight.com/en/gloves-s...etchlight.html
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.