Thread: Advice on shoes for Lakes

Advice on shoes for Lakes

So I have entered the 3*3000 50 mile ultra in the lakes in October.
    I currently have mudclaws for fell races and a pair of Salomon SLAB sense ultra for ultras. I have never run an ultra in the lakes and don’t think I would cope doing 50 miles in mudclaws and would worry about the salomons coping if it is wet.
    So any suggestions on what I should look at buying or should I just stick with the Salomons – I will only be shuffling anyway

Cheers

I've got on well with Roclites in the past - 285s, but others available, which I'm sure would be as good.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

So are you looking for something similar to the Sense Ultra with a better grip ? They now do a "softground" version with a sole similar to the Speedcross/Fellraiser.http://www.castlebergoutdoors.co.uk/...-ultra-sg.html

The Fellraiser itself might be pretty good, and a fair bit cheaper

Roclite 295 is good for long distance ( 6mm drop ) other models in the Roclite range with lower/higher drop.

Loads of options really, depending on what exactly you're looking for in terms of grip, drop, rockplate, cushioning, price, etc

I know everyone is different, but I wouldn't have thought 50 miles was a problem for Mudclaws. I did both Bob Graham and JNLC in Mudclaws, and they were fine.