Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National XC Champs

To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I'm there in my away-day colours (White with 2 black/1 red band)
    Just demolished a pack of Fig Rolls, advance apologies to those behind me...
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

What a great race that was! Enjoyed the course from start to finish. How did those of you who entered get on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    What a great race that was! Enjoyed the course from start to finish. How did those of you who entered get on?
    I agree, was a great course. Thanks to Notts AC for hosting a good National.
    I didn't quite perform as well has would have liked but really enjoyed the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellzebra View Post
    I agree, was a great course. Thanks to Notts AC for hosting a good National.
    I didn't quite perform as well has would have liked but really enjoyed the experience.
    Well I didn't quite complete 1 lap. My calf has been fine since I started running again 9 days ago but leaping that muddy ditch 3/4 of the way around lap 1 got it again and I carried on for a couple of minutes to see if I could run it off and decided to live to fight another day.

It was a great course, well set up.

I have to say that having been to a number of Inters and an English Schools there, Wollaton Park has to be the best Cross Country venue in the country.
    For a venue to be able to boast 2 top notch Championship Courses on different sections of the park is incredible. I hope to go back again and complete
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Well I didn't quite complete 1 lap. My calf has been fine since I started running again 9 days ago but leaping that muddy ditch 3/4 of the way around lap 1 got it again and I carried on for a couple of minutes to see if I could run it off and decided to live to fight another day.

I have to say that having been to a number of Inters and an English Schools there, Wollaton Park has to be the best Cross Country venue in the country.
    For a venue to be able to boast 2 top notch Championship Courses on different sections of the park is incredible. I hope to go back again and complete

Unlucky Witton, I was looking out for you at the mud puddle and didn't see you pass.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

What a great event, Well done to Notts AC for hosting and the City Council. Loved it. Hope it returns there in a few years time.
    Never ran with hurdles too!
    London next year followed by Knowsley! Apparently the owner of the safari park is very keen to host.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    What a great event, Well done to Notts AC for hosting and the City Council. Loved it. Hope it returns there in a few years time.
    Never ran with hurdles too!
    London next year followed by Knowsley! Apparently the owner of the safari park is very keen to host.
    I'm not sure the Knowsley course would be suitable in the Northern Format. That pinch-point at the top of the start straight wouldn't cope well with 1500+ men. It was tight enough with less than half that.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

I'd add that it also hosts a North Mids league race on a different part of the grounds again, which was a great race this year too.

Hope you have a steady recovery!