Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: National XC Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    I'd add that it also hosts a North Mids league race on a different part of the grounds again, which was a great race this year too.

Hope you have a steady recovery!
    Thanks.
    Managed 90 minutes off-road on the bike today.
    My "comeback" had all been road or the canal towpath in road shoes.
    yesterday I spent all day in my La Sportiva Cross Country whilst watching and then I thought they'd be Ok to race in.
    I think their low heel profile perhaps just put a bit more load on my calf and Achilles and so I think I'll just have to stick to road shoes for the time being. Hopefully be back running Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

I have to say that having been to a number of Inters and an English Schools there, Wollaton Park has to be the best Cross Country venue in the country.
    For a venue to be able to boast 2 top notch Championship Courses on different sections of the park is incredible. I hope to go back again and complete
    Have to agree with you there. It's a long time since I ran the inter-counties there but it was by far and away the most enjoyable course I've run on.

I ran. I think it was the best course I've ever done and I've run hundreds of cross countries in my 20 years of running. Some real nice variety on it. Shame I wasn't really fit for it. Only started really trying on the last lap.

poor run but great day out, great to be part of the spectacle that is the start of the men's race! Not enough mud for my liking but got that last year and at the Midlands a month back!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Thanks.
    Managed 90 minutes off-road on the bike today.
    My "comeback" had all been road or the canal towpath in road shoes.
    yesterday I spent all day in my La Sportiva Cross Country whilst watching and then I thought they'd be Ok to race in.
    I think their low heel profile perhaps just put a bit more load on my calf and Achilles and so I think I'll just have to stick to road shoes for the time being. Hopefully be back running Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Wow. Compliments indeed from Richard and tthers on here. As I said earlier it was a bit experimental but was a corker and what a wonderful day. I will pass these remarks on to Mick Robinson and the rest of the Notts organisers. They will be so pleased that it went down so well. Wolly is a great place to run and although we don't have the fells I never get bored of a run out in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Wow. Compliments indeed from Richard and tthers on here. As I said earlier it was a bit experimental but was a corker and what a wonderful day. I will pass these remarks on to Mick Robinson and the rest of the Notts organisers. They will be so pleased that it went down so well. Wolly is a great place to run and although we don't have the fells I never get bored of a run out in the park.
    I spoke to Mick briefly as the senior men's race was finishing and he quite rightly seemed pleased with how it had all gone. There aren't many venues available for an event of that size, but Wollaton has consistently come up trumps for Inter-Counties, Midlands and now National champs.

If anybody from Trafford AC is reading, the amount of litter you left behind when you cleared off was disgraceful.

Anyone here entered for the Nationals at Parliament Hill this year? Despite some decent training and good gains in speed since Wollaton last year, I am under no illusion that I'll make it out of the bottom half of the field...

Great event that! was hoping to do it but x-c has fallen off since Christmas due to various other considerations. Pity really. Also I was working the day of it so that made a further complication. One day I'll get back to a full X-c season! Good luck Sam W
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

What a cracking day out! Anyone else on here go along? Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, really bunched field where I was - felt like losing or gaining a significant number of places was pretty likely, depending on tactics.

Pleasingly, broke into top 1000 by a good margin at 815th - almost 300 places better than last year. Coincidentally, I was about 20 seconds slower than at Wollaton last year, but given that the winning time was around 3 minutes slower & Parliament Hill is pretty undulating, I'm chuffed with that.

Men's under 17s race seemed a corker - winner pulled away by a big margin in last third of the race & second & third place seemed to finish a dead heat. If you went, hope you had a good un to!
    Last edited by Sam W; 22-02-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Anyone going to Leicester? Any knowledge of the course?