Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: National XC Champs

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    Anyone going to Leicester? Any knowledge of the course?
    I'm not going (even though I live only 10 miles away). Donington Park is on the escarpment above the Trent, so they could have a seriously undulating course if they wanted to. But I couldn't find any information about the course on the website.

Oh, and Donington Park is a long way (well, 20 miles) from Leicester. Swim across the Trent from the Park, and you're in Derbyshire.

I was told today that the course will only be published in the programme, thus forcing people to buy it. I hope we get a goody bag with a completes medal with it!

I'll be there, looking forward to it after missing out last year and hoping (as ever) for tough conditions. Hoping for a good team result, especially in the 9-man as I might sneak in that!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    I was told today that the course will only be published in the programme, thus forcing people to buy it. I hope we get a goody bag with a completes medal with it!

I'll be there, looking forward to it after missing out last year and hoping (as ever) for tough conditions. Hoping for a good team result, especially in the 9-man as I might sneak in that!
    Out of interest Nic ..how do you rate/compare this to a fell race ....I know for me personally I love a bit of Cross the Northerns were epic again this year and will stay in the memory of all who took part for some time but will be reet happy to get back ont Fells ....National though .,how many ont start line ?
    Good luck to all having a run ,it will be a big day out .

I don't agree with that. They did that at the Northerns (the same team) and I know we as a club always used to pin the course maps up in the tent.
    It's such a busy day, you just want to get there, have a look at the course and run. Having to make a special bee-line for programme and pay £3 for a map is cheeky.

If they want to attract more programme sales, get a few articles in from previous winners and make it a good read.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I don't agree with that. They did that at the Northerns (the same team) and I know we as a club always used to pin the course maps up in the tent.
    It's such a busy day, you just want to get there, have a look at the course and run. Having to make a special bee-line for programme and pay £3 for a map is cheeky.

If they want to attract more programme sales, get a few articles in from previous winners and make it a good read.
    Who's organising it? Time to kick off a protest!

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Who's organising it? Time to kick off a protest!
    Buy a programme and see
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Buy a programme and see
    Its back with us (Notts Ac) next year at Wollaton. Two years ago it was a good course, quite rough in parts and I think we did a good job in organising it? The irony this year is that its a 'Northern' venue but actually further south By about 10 miles, than next year when it reverts to The Midlands. I am sure though that course maps will be displayed on the day?

Buy a programme and see
    Plus a fiver to park! Sod that, I'm skint.

From GazB of this manor on Facebook - the map for Saturday's action: http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2016/maps.pdf
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

From GazB of this manor on Facebook - the map for Saturday's action: http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2016/maps.pdf
    I'd seen it on Facebook earlier - 3 quid saved! Just need a lottery win for car parking now...