Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we trust the police?

As long as we have human police
    Robocop? Gort?
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Robocop? Gort?
    We already have speeding cameras. What's the next step?

pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Grud! I am the Law......

Just thank your lucky stars more of them don't have guns. It's a small mercy
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Just thank your lucky stars more of them don't have guns. It's a small mercy
    Just whips and handcuffs..
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

I know three coppers, all of them top blokes. One of them used to post on this here forum, but not seen him around for a while.

Recent news stories have shown the 'police' in a bad light and it's hard to escape the sense there's some pretty deep-seated corruption high up in the force. That said, I believe the vast majority of regular police officers want to do a good job and do the right thing. It's often a dangerous job and I'm sure not many of us would have the balls to get in to the situations they regularly have to deal with. We should be careful not to assume the worst of them just because of the terrible behaviour of a few.
    Geoff Clarke

From the Simpsons, (season 3 so the internet tells me)

Bart [to policeman]: Wow! Can I see your club?
    Lou: It's called a baton, son.
    Bart: Oh. What's it for?
    Lou: We club people with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I know three coppers, all of them top blokes. One of them used to post on this here forum, but not seen him around for a while.

Recent news stories have shown the 'police' in a bad light and it's hard to escape the sense there's some pretty deep-seated corruption high up in the force. That said, I believe the vast majority of regular police officers want to do a good job and do the right thing. It's often a dangerous job and I'm sure not many of us would have the balls to get in to the situations they regularly have to deal with. We should be careful not to assume the worst of them just because of the terrible behaviour of a few.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there Hank and that's what makes it so worrying - it's obviously the people in charge who are corrupt.

They seem to think it's better to lie to save face rather than admit mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post

Same here Hank, I know probably 8 or 9 coppers and all absolutely sound as a pound.

It's very easy for civilians to say "I would do this" or "I would do that" but at the end of the day, none of us really know how we'd react in a life and death situation.

It's very easy to sling mud about afterwards but our police keep us safe.