Thread: Coaching

Coaching

Just to note with the advertisement of a new LIRF course coming up its worth noting that the literature about this courses currently states that:

What will I be able to do

The course is designed to prepare you to provide a safe and enjoyable running experience for young people over 12 years of age and adults of any ability, size or shape. You may lead a group for your club and register with the Run England to deliver to new runners. Your qualification will provide you with insurance to lead a group within the limits of the course content. Leadership in Running Fitness will be accepted as a prerequisite course for the Coach in Running Fitness qualification.

The Leadership in Running Fitness course is primarily for those working with adults’ and/or young people over the age of 12 who enjoy recreational running for fitness and health. This may be within a Running Club or a community based group.

Leaders will be licensed to take a group of recreational runners of varied ability for fun safe sessions. It is important to note that this is not a course about individual running events, nor is it a Coaching Course.

So if you are looking for a qualification to allow you to coach and develop younger athletes then this isnt for you, but then neither is the CIRF as this is for over 12 as well. Currently as I see it there is only one UKA coaching course that gives insurance to cover U12 and that is the Childrens Coach Award which as I understand it there is no current fell specific course offered available. The licence that comes with this is a Leaders Licence and not a coaching licence and carries with restrictions as to what it covers those qualified to do.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

There is no Children's Coach Award as far as I know.