Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Fellrunning 2014

Super Moderator
    Bill, great work organising the Fantasy league
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Yes, a big thank you Bill; I'm not surprised you've had enough after 7 years!

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the fantasy fell running league, I've really enjoyed it and will miss it next year. Great work Bill.
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Thanks LFF, but I think after this year's final race Langdale at the weekend I'm going to call it a day.
    I've organised it for 7 years now, plus a year before when I hosted it just for CVFR, and I've finally run out of steam!

If anyone else wants to set up a fantasy fellrunning competition next year on the same or completely different lines, be my guest!!

Cheers, Bill
    That's sad to hear, but completely understandable. It looks hard work! So thanks again. I've really enjoyed it. It was always my ambition to be one day worth a pint! Looks like I'll always remain more like an orange cordial!!
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Echo what others have said, thanks for all your work in organising this Bill!

I cant believe it - the end of fantasy fell running!! - what's the point in anyone turning up and running any more - this is what it was all about, if there is anything I can say to make you change your mind Bill, I really think there are a lot of folks out here who will miss this.;-)

Also I see that I am perilously close to falling out of the top league so I am employing some desperate measures to try and stay in, so I'll just do a bit of calculations and post you a couple of substitutes for the last race Langdale.
    Last edited by Another Team; 10-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.

OK so I understand that I still have two subs

so I'll swap Darren Kay (5pts) for Nicky Spinks (5pts)
    and I'll swap Tom Addison (3 pints)for Math Roberts (2 pints)

please and thanks very much for such a brilliant game.

If I could tell you all the fun I've had playing this game, handwritten lists of runners with combinations crossed out, usually in a little notebook, referring to it at airports flying over to Ireland for the first race, desperately trying to log in to the forum to post a team, before smart phones were available!! logging into library internet in random towns (eg Workington) just to see who was picking who!
    This is Daleside / Fell Running Briefs under another name - I've forgotten my log in details!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Team View Post
    OK so I understand that I still have two subs

so I'll swap Darren Kay (5pts) for Nicky Spinks (5pts)
    and I'll swap Tom Addison (3 pints)for Math Roberts (2 pints)

please and thanks very much for such a brilliant game.

If I could tell you all the fun I've had playing this game, handwritten lists of runners with combinations crossed out, usually in a little notebook, referring to it at airports flying over to Ireland for the first race, desperately trying to log in to the forum to post a team, before smart phones were available!! logging into library internet in random towns (eg Workington) just to see who was picking who!
    I picked a team in a hotel in Bangladesh in the early years. Hell, I might have won one year too, if you hadn't have pm'ed me to say "it's in the bag Derby!"
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I have no memory of this whatsoever - there must have been some cider involved.
    This is Daleside / Fell Running Briefs under another name - I've forgotten my log in details!

Thanks for the kind words.
    Well, unless anyone else wants to take it on... , lets say we give it a rest for a year and then see.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"