Thread: New member - North West

New member - North West

Alright all,

New to the forum but not new to fell and trail running. Been at it for a few years on and off, but never joined a club and pretty much always ran on my todd. Had a few friends join me over the years, but always scared them off because of the routes selection!

Would be great to join some other fell runners, learn some new routes, brush up on navigation and get some advise for mountain marathon training.

Have good local access to the moors, Kinder and the Peak District in general.

All the best
    Craig

The land of no hills! (Altrincham, Cheshire)
    No brainer - get yourself to the Royal in Hayfield for 7.00 on any Thursday and join the Pennine bunch for a trot. A very friendly and welcoming bunch of lads and lasses, even if you are a bit confused (like me ) as to which club you belong to .

Quote Originally Posted by Cabra Montés View Post
    Alright all,

New to the forum but not new to fell and trail running. Been at it for a few years on and off, but never joined a club and pretty much always ran on my todd. Had a few friends join me over the years, but always scared them off because of the routes selection!

Would be great to join some other fell runners, learn some new routes, brush up on navigation and get some advise for mountain marathon training.

Have good local access to the moors, Kinder and the Peak District in general.

All the best
    Craig
    I can help you with Navigation

Check out the links on my Signature.

Get your self over to Lads leap this Sunday...

welcome! Aye, get yourself to Lad's Leap on Sunday and you'll bump into a few of the reprobates who spend their time on here.
    And I can highly recommend a Thursday night from The Royal in Hayfield - even more so from next week as there'll be some daylight!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Welcome to 'The Forum' Craig!
    Plenty of good info on these pages in between running!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

All sounds top notch, thanks.

Think I'll take my daughter spectating at Lads Leap and join in on the Thursday meet at the Royal. Not sure I can make this Thursday, but defo all after that.

Need to get myself a new head torch too.

welcome Craig,
    there's Glossopdale Harriers in Glossop too....we run on the fells on Tues and Thurs nighrs, 7pm from Glossop Leisure Centre.
    http://glossopdaleharriers.wordpress.com/
    if you look under the training tab there's routes we have planned, which we usually stick to. loads of us out at other times too, and plenty of us on strava. if you join Glossopdale we have a members email group where other runs, esp at weekends, are sorted.
    hope to see you out sometime,
    Lynne
    http://runningdelights.blogspot.co.u...ded-walks.html
    @ltaylor_srmt
    Last edited by cyclops; 26-03-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    welcome Craig,
    there's Glossopdale Harriers in Glossop too....we run on the fells on Tues and Thurs nighrs, 7pm from Glossop Leisure Centre.
    http://glossopdaleharriers.wordpress.com/
    if you look under the training tab there's routes we have planned, which we usually stick to. loads of us out at other times too, and plenty of us on strava. if you join Glossopdale we have a members email group where other runs, esp at weekends, are sorted.
    hope to see you out sometime,
    Lynne
    http://runningdelights.blogspot.co.u...ded-walks.html
    @ltaylor_srmt
    Hi Lynne,

Just looked at those routes, definitely the sort of thing I'm looking for, and right on my doorstep. Will be in touch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cabra Montés View Post
    Hi Lynne,

Just looked at those routes, definitely the sort of thing I'm looking for, and right on my doorstep. Will be in touch.

Thanks
    hey Craig,
    you're welcome to just turn up and join in without being a member a few times, though at a tenner for membership its a no-brainer really. Occasionally runs change (weather or who turns up etc) so its worth letting us know if yr coming along, so we know to wait. Happy for you to email me and even if I'm not out I can get a message passed on [email protected]
    lynne