Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: All t'Wainwrights attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    Tracker implies a bypass of Bowscale Fell summit but i'm sure it's a tracker thing and not a Steve thing - the man is relentless! Those northern fells will hopefully provide some softer running underfoot for his battered feet today.
    Once he is an area of good signal it will upload the trace.
    James

Diabetes is not an excuse its a reason www.howfast.org

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    There's a fellrunner (and a forumite to boot) out making history and some folks are more interested in squabbling about raincoats and safety pins. Go Steve
    Andrew, I was chatting with Joss on Friday afternoon on some BG Club stuff.

We talked about Steve's attempt and Joss was genuinely pleased that at long last an attempt was to be made to better his performance from all those years ago.

One suspects he'll be there at the finish, whatever the outcome.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

I'm simply in awe!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Been watching the tracker all week. Amazing stuff. Just such a relentless effort, mile after mile, day after day. Awesome, especially as one his toes now looks like mushed up cheesy Wotsit.
    Geoff Clarke

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Just seen this on the blog. I would love to be there but unfortunately can't get there in time.

Run with Steve on Friday

A few people have asked whether they can run the last leg with Steve on Friday evening. I've checked with Steve and he is very happy for runners to join him for the last leg... The more the merrier!

If you are keen to run with Steve this will be a once in a generation oppertunity to see a major fell running record broken (fingers crossed everything still goes to plan). Regardless, it would be fantastic for Steve to have a big crowd of runners to accompany him on the last leg and/or meet him in Keswick.

If he is on schedule it'll mean leaving Newland Hause at roughly 1800 on Friday evening and running/walking (slowly) to Keswick. It is 17km with 1000m of ascent. Steve should arrive in Keswick about about 2300. Anyone joining Steve will need to check his tracker to make sure they arrive at Newlands Hause in time to join him as obviously his timings may change. I'll keep the blog as up to date as I can with the ETA.

Here is the location of Newland Hause: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...earchp=ids.srf

Don't miss out on this opportunity to run into the records books with a fell running legend!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I see he's just summitted Great Cockup ... always wanted to bag that one. Mind you, some would say I have been there more than once already

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
    I see he's just summitted Great Cockup ... always wanted to bag that one. Mind you, some would say I have been there more than once already
    Skiddaw now - 20mins down but he's been catching up! Looks like the schedule takes up/down into account but not really terrain so, to all intents and purposes, he's bang on the money!
    Leeds City AC: "Pure Sporting Delight"

Hope the tracker is wrong - but it looks like he's missed out Lonscale fell!!
    Last edited by Epocian; 19-06-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Master
    Refresh your browser and it'll show the actual route (which didn't miss it out )

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Just seen this on the blog. I would love to be there but unfortunately can't get there in time.

Run with Steve on Friday

A few people have asked whether they can run the last leg with Steve on Friday evening. I've checked with Steve and he is very happy for runners to join him for the last leg... The more the merrier!

If you are keen to run with Steve this will be a once in a generation oppertunity to see a major fell running record broken (fingers crossed everything still goes to plan). Regardless, it would be fantastic for Steve to have a big crowd of runners to accompany him on the last leg and/or meet him in Keswick.

If he is on schedule it'll mean leaving Newland Hause at roughly 1800 on Friday evening and running/walking (slowly) to Keswick. It is 17km with 1000m of ascent. Steve should arrive in Keswick about about 2300. Anyone joining Steve will need to check his tracker to make sure they arrive at Newlands Hause in time to join him as obviously his timings may change. I'll keep the blog as up to date as I can with the ETA.

Here is the location of Newland Hause: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...earchp=ids.srf

Don't miss out on this opportunity to run into the records books with a fell running legend!
    What a generous-spirited invitation. Like many I've been following the tracker in awe all week, and I would consider it an honour to be present to witness the end of this remarkable achievement. I'll be leaving Rugby at lunchtime* tomorrow, and happy to offer lifts to anyone along the M6 corridor. I'll have to be back home on Saturday morning, so it will be an overnight return South. If anyone would like a lift, email or text me.
    Richard Horner
    07876 585014
    [email protected]

* = Dinnertime in Yorkshire
    Run the race. Keep the faith.
    (2 Tim 4:7)