Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: All t'Wainwrights attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Epocian View Post
    Hope the tracker is wrong - but it looks like he's missed out Lonscale fell!!
    I can confirm he did go up Lonscale Fell, I carried up a box of ice creams for him and all the support runners and he enjoyed one on the top! It was awe inspiring to watch how well he was moving, how little he was complaining, and how awake and chatty he was after 6 days on the go. He was doing 10 minute miles on the track down Dodd, not really limping at all and in the 3 hours I spent with him this evening he didn't complain once. Just getting on with it. Still a long way to go!
    "Training is like fighting a gorilla - you don’t stop when you’re tired; you stop when the gorilla’s tired."

What an amazing athlete, keep going Steve.....incredible.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

I'm just gripped by the fabulous effort he's making here . It's difficult to believe he's human at times. Hope he gets enough rest tonight and I'm keeping all fingers crossed he can keep it going on the big day he has tomorrow .

Master
    It's just as impressive that he's managed to be more or less on schedule all week, a schedule that was drawn up in advance and is specified to the nearest minute! Only 22 minutes out at Whinlatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    It's just as impressive that he's managed to be more or less on schedule all week, a schedule that was drawn up in advance and is specified to the nearest minute! Only 22 minutes out at Whinlatter.
    But he's picked up 8 minutes from an earlier split this morning, I wonder if he had a lie in as he knew he was going so well...

Minor error coming off Winlatter possibly but he might be getting a tad tired so we'll let him off....Great stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Minor error coming off Winlatter possibly but he might be getting a tad tired so we'll let him off....Great stuff
    My guess is he's picking out the least steep line for the descents - his knees must be wrecked by now!

Yes, the descent of Whiteside is going to hurt. fantastic achievement already, come on Steve! Just wish I could be there to see and share and help

Banned
    I have had the tracker on every day.
    And to hear from people that have tagged on for a couple of hours that he doesn't complain or show any signs of injury or pain is a massive tribute to the man.
    He most have inner strength of steel.
    Respect for a truly tough bloke.

Out of interest, why is the 517 height shown as the top of Whinlatter rather than the 525 - was this WAinwright being contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by gej View Post
    Out of interest, why is the 517 height shown as the top of Whinlatter rather than the 525 - was this WAinwright being contrary?
    Yes, this is one of several Wainwrights where the Wainwright summit isn't actually the highest point of the fell. Others include Brock Crags, Bannerdale Crags, Seathwaite Fell, Low Fell,and Whiteside plus probably a few others. From the tracker it looks as if Steve is visiting the Wainwright summits which appears to be appropriate but I don't think anyone is going to quibble if he picks the highest point instead. There are in fact several summits (including even Great End and Fairfield) where the exact highest point is difficult to ascertain.