Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: All t'Wainwrights attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    I'm still aghast at the scale of this run.
    I keep thinking about all the things I've done since Saturday morning. And all that time he's been running, running, running, running - just a few hours sleep and a few minutes' blister treatment. Honestly, I am enjoying this more than the world cup.
    Run the race. Keep the faith.
    (2 Tim 4:7)

alwaysinjured
    Well ahead of schedule, half an hour at Arthur's seat.
    The man is a marvel **respect**

Do you think he is cursing wainwright yet? " why did you include this, you rotten SOB" and other such platitudes spring to mind.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 17-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    Well ahead of schedule, half an hour at Arthur's seat.
    The man is a marvel **respect**

Do you think he is cursing wainwright yet? " why did you include this, you rotten SOB" and other such platitudes spring to mind.
    If Steve could finish just over 4 hours up it would be superb as they'll be about 40+ Dark Peakers by Moothall. It would be great to see him in....

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    If Steve could finish just over 4 hours up it would be superb as they'll be about 40+ Dark Peakers by Moothall. It would be great to see him in....
    Green with envy. It is over 4 months since I last did a BG leg, getting withdrawal symptoms....

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    if he's not then it's surely worthy of a delayed start to welcome him back

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Richard View Post
    I keep thinking about all the things I've done since Saturday morning. And all that time he's been running, running, running, running - just a few hours sleep and a few minutes' blister treatment. Honestly, I am enjoying this more than the world cup.
    world cup - what's that?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    world cup - what's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Richard View Post
    World Cup, never heard of it. This is awesome
    Hills and Guinness!

I ran legs 12 & 13 with Steve yesterday & I'm gobsmacked at the speed he is able to maintain. He just keeps running. The only time he slowed was on the steep descent into Howtown, this is after a 23 hour day. A couple of stops to repair his badly wrecked feet & he bounces up & off running again. If you stopped for any reason it required a real effort to catch up again, such is his pace. He doesn't grumble or moan just chats away with his pacers. I get up after 4 hours kip to look at the tracker & he's already on his 4th top of the day. A truly remarkable man on a truly epic challenge.
    If it was easy everyone would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Life View Post
    I ran legs 12 & 13 with Steve yesterday & I'm gobsmacked at the speed he is able to maintain. He just keeps running. The only time he slowed was on the steep descent into Howtown, this is after a 23 hour day. A couple of stops to repair his badly wrecked feet & he bounces up & off running again. If you stopped for any reason it required a real effort to catch up again, such is his pace. He doesn't grumble or moan just chats away with his pacers. I get up after 4 hours kip to look at the tracker & he's already on his 4th top of the day. A truly remarkable man on a truly epic challenge.
    epic in every way. I'm actually (somewhat) gutted to be away tomorrow and Friday (tho pleased to be away!) so can't follow the tracker as closely. good job the Vaynol has wifi!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I am totally and utterly gripped by this at the moment. I don't mind admitting that reading the blog and posts on here today brought a tear to my eye. The sheer determination and indomitable human spirit shines through and maybe for this week nothing else matters.

Is there a football tournament on?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast