Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rice pudding.....

Have you tried the reusable baby food pouches? Not 100% sure they'd cope with large rice grains but might be wortha try.
    First run then beer. If no run then proceed directly to beer.

What about using the little bottles you get probiotic yoghurt drinks in. The Asda own brand ones have screw on lids and would hold a decent mouthful of rice pudding but you may have to slacken it off with some milk or water.

I do a similar thing when out for long walks with a concoction I make in a blender with oats, banana, dates, prunes, honey and milk (and a smidge of salt). I carry it in a beaker with a screw on lid and make sure it's slackened off enough with milk so that it pours well. When I've finished it I dump the contents of a kids size carton of pure orange juice into it and shake it about to get the last bits out.

A simple, small plastic bag (freezer type but make sure it's thin enough to bite through). Tie it down tightly so the contents rest in one bottom corner and you have a sort of cone shape. When you want to eat simply bite the corner off. (Haven't tried it with rice pudding yet - but you're inspiring me - but it's a standard way of selling and drinking water, ginger pop, etc. in many African countries and works well.)

I wouldn't try the zip-lock bag though - the pudding will probably get stuck in/run along the 'zip' and all get rather messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabra Montés View Post
    You tried Tapioca or Semolina? Can never remember which is the smooth one! Thought it was only me that favoured these delights!

The runnier of the two might squeeze through a Salomon soft flask.

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pro...ask-250-ml.htm
    Inspired by this thread I ordered the Salomon soft flask in the 250 & 500ml sizes. Only the 250g size has come so far. IMO there is no way rice pudding could be squeezed through the bite valve, but I think it will work with the bite valve unscrewed. The pouch only weighs 14g, but sadly the superfluous bite valve adds another 10g. If I could just find a mineral water screw cap to fit, that could be reduced to 2g. The plastic is amazingly thin (much softer and thinner than that used in Platypuses) and unnervingly condom-like. It will certainly roll up small as claimed and at the price (even after discount) I jolly well hope it is sturdier than it looks.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Totally agree that rice pudding is an A-star road support delicacy but surely it's not the best to carry on a run? Sloppy, heavy, staining...

The land of no hills! (Altrincham, Cheshire)
    I believe that I may have found the solution - Squeeze'Ems. Got mine from Amazon £6.99 for 2.

Wide neck makes filling easy and the nozzle copes fine with rice pudding. Even got a clear side panel so that you can see what is used/left. Nice and flexible. Happy days

image.jpg

Let us know how easy they are to wash out!

The land of no hills! (Altrincham, Cheshire)
    Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    Let us know how easy they are to wash out!
    Very easy. The neck is wide. Can even go in dishwasher, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I believe that I may have found the solution - Squeeze'Ems. Got mine from Amazon £6.99 for 2.

Wide neck makes filling easy and the nozzle copes fine with rice pudding. Even got a clear side panel so that you can see what is used/left. Nice and flexible. Happy days

image.jpg
    Great find... Ordered some

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post

image.jpg
    I can't find these on Amazon UK, or anywhere that charges £s rather than $s. Please can you help with a link?
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.