Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin London Marathon

Virgin London Marathon

Well I'm in and looking to hammer home in less than 3.5 hours for a top 4,000 podium finish. Feel free to sponsor me in aid of Mountain rescue - see the link in my signature.

Gawd, I am going to be sooooo crap at this road running millarky

Super Moderator
    Are you going to be okay with the hills? It's not the PPP you know!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Well I'm in and looking to hammer home in less than 3.5 hours for a top 4,000 podium finish. Feel free to sponsor me in aid of Mountain rescue - see the link in my signature.

Gawd, I am going to be sooooo crap at this road running millarky
    watch out at the feed stations I'm told it's like wading through a stream you get that wet!

Jesus, hills and getting wet? I didn't sign up for that. And don't think I'm running if its raining....

Have you bought some proper shoes, or are you just wearing one of your completely knackered, worn out fell shoes with no studs left??

I gave him some INOV8 road shoes for Christmas and have had the entertainment of seeing him try and wear them running in mud, they have absolutely no grip whatsoever and he hasn't done any road training so hasn't reaped any advantages from them yet (they look cool though). It'll all be ok on the day though, what could possibly go wrong?!

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Have you bought some proper shoes, or are you just wearing one of your completely knackered, worn out fell shoes with no studs left??
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    These little beauties here Dom. I've now done three half marathon distance canal tow path training runs too so I'm 'fully' prepared

In my second and third training sessions I actually extended that run to full half marathon distance and my best half marathon distance time was 1 hour 37. Using that Runners World race time predictor thingy, that translates to a 3 hour 23 marathon time apparently. Doddlesville

Edit: Hester has obviously forgotten all about my canal tow path runs which, apart from largely being on a mixture of mud, gravelly trail and tarmac, are as near as damn it road runs.
    Last edited by Stolly; 01-04-2014 at 03:03 PM.

How could I forget, I've seen them all on Garmin Connect, Movescount and Strava...at least three times. I'd call them trail runs though

[QUOTE=Stolly;580011
    Edit: Hester has obviously forgotten all about my canal tow path runs which, apart from largely being on a mixture of mud, gravelly trail and tarmac, are as near as damn it road runs.[/QUOTE]

Master
    You might get away without the months of reccying but as ever you really should wear the proper kit hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/banana-costume

or maybe this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rainbow-Ge...item1e89695ebb
    Last edited by JohnK; 01-04-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

ha ha ha....please wear the George outfit Brian, please! That would not only make my day, it would make my year!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    You might get away without the months of reccying but as ever you really should wear the proper kit hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/banana-costume

or maybe this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rainbow-Ge...item1e89695ebb