Thread: May 24th attempt

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    Massive Well Done Ralph! Great Job

Also well done to Janson

Both great results this weekend.
    Agreed; well done
    Poacher turned game-keeper

A few minutes down at Dollywagon after a night of pea soup followed by an hour of near freezing raindrops the size of golf balls, but you should have seen Ralph & Stef fly up Fairfield via Cofa Pike - awesome running guys - many congrats!!

Blog update, including leg 4 of Janson's BG

After a night of challenging conditions there was a beautiful, still dawn and then totally contary to the forecast, it turned into a beautiful day. That was the first time i've ever stood on Esk pike and been able to see all the way from Great End to Scafell. The other way in which i struck lucky was that my pacers and navs - many of whom were strangers recruited from this forum - all turned out to be absolutely spot on. So thanks to everybody and a massive thank you to them

Well done Janson.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Well done Janson. You looked utterly relaxed (if I didn't know better, I'd say stoned) when I saw you at the foot of Kirk Fell...the look of a man in control. Peter Mc's parting words were,"It looks like we've had the best of the weather".

Bloody right you did. I had come from Honister, down Moses Trod, into Wasdale and off on Leg 4. Seemed a good plan and was going OK til Pillar, when the clag descended and I got a bit off piste! About 4 attempts to find my way off and settled for best guess across rougher ground. I know there's a runnable route off to the right, but could I find it!?😰

Meanwhile, the clock was ticking; rain was adding to the clag and visibility was still only about 30 yards.... Decided to give the summits of Kirk Fell (which I still have never been on) and gable a miss; picked up Moses Trod again and back to Honister.

Got to love the grassy descent into Honister, and hopefully all will be on schedule next time I am there. 😉

Tempting to get out again and look at Kirk Fell, but need to be sensible and rest a bit....my legs are still very tight from Saturday and I don't want to bugger it up....be nice to get to the start this time

Good to see Stolly...keep up the blog mate.

Well done to all.
    Last edited by lantern rouge; 27-05-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by rsk View Post
    After a night of challenging conditions there was a beautiful, still dawn and then totally contary to the forecast, it turned into a beautiful day. That was the first time i've ever stood on Esk pike and been able to see all the way from Great End to Scafell. The other way in which i struck lucky was that my pacers and navs - many of whom were strangers recruited from this forum - all turned out to be absolutely spot on. So thanks to everybody and a massive thank you to them
    Well done mate. I did think of you while I was blundering around on Kirk Fell, thinking that you still had a long way to go. Glad it turned out well.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Cheers guys. Yeah, looking back I finished quite fresh. In fact I got changed and went out on the ale and lasted until midnight lol.

My my blog is here....it's quite long tho
    http://jansultra.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rsk View Post
    Congratulations Ralph!

Your recollection is very similar to mine, as we ran on Sunday with a midnight start. Wasn't it a brilliant day to be out! Marc Woodall and I completed in 23.22, thanks in no small part to an amazing team.

One of the guys who ran legs 2, 3 and 5 has written a wonderful blog which is worth a read

http://heightsofmadness.com/2014/05/...rriers-corner/