Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
I didn't get what you meant by lap button, Charlie ?
On the 305, the lap is registered when you push the lap button down. On the 310XT, it registers when you let the button back up again. It sounds unimportant, but in the first case you can keep your finger on until you hear a reassuring beep, whereas in the second case you don't know until you've taken your finger away and then realise it didn't go beep (sometimes), which is a pain if you're running reps.

Another thing (probably repeating myself)... the 305 lets you upload and download waypoints to a file using the old Garmin Mapsource program (shipped with eTrex units) and probably the later Basecamp software. But the 310XT doesn't. I spent about 2 hours the night before my BGR meticulously programming in waypoints for all the peaks and crossings by hand... gah! At least it knows about OS grid refs, unlike the 305. Oh and of course when you need to do the factory reset now and then, you lose all those precious waypoints! (I have a file of waypoints if anyone finds it useful, scroll down a bit on http://www.wartnaby.org/running/bgr/...latlanders.htm )