Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Preseli Beast!

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar
    So, it's been a while since posting anything on here sorry.

Well it's come around super quick again. The race, in it's third year now, has gone even bigger with the 32 mile UltraBeasT!!! As if the already tough 24, and 11 mile options weren't already tough enough!

Cotswold Outdoors, Carmarthen have kindly donated a pair of salomon speedcross trainers to the first male, and female, of each distance!!! And that's before the trophies, soup cake and tea, plus the goody bag with slate coasters.
    For more information, please visit https://preselibeast.wordpress.com/
    The UltrabeasT currently has more trophies on offer than entrants! So what's not to like? Plus it's only 50p a mile! Can you tame the Beast?
    Always happy on the hills

I will certainly be in for the Beast, injury and work dependant as this is about as local as a FR gets although I've not entered yet. I know of someone from work who has entered, I will try to drag someone else out for a jog as its teams of 3.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

I'm pre-booked to do the Ridgeway 40 on the same day this year .... but The Beast is on my 'To Do' list.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by sore legs View Post
    I will certainly be in for the Beast, injury and work dependant as this is about as local as a FR gets although I've not entered yet. I know of someone from work who has entered, I will try to drag someone else out for a jog as its teams of 3.
    Don't need to be a team of three mind And yes, it don't come any closer to you does this one Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    I'm pre-booked to do the Ridgeway 40 on the same day this year .... but The Beast is on my 'To Do' list.
    Good to hear it's on your to-do list.

I've updated the sponsors and trophy listings. https://preselibeast.wordpress.com/previous-beastings/

Any female runners fancy tackling the UltraBeasT? There's more prizes than runners so far!!! Plus a pair of Salomon speedcross trainers for the First overall female!!!

https://preselibeast.wordpress.com/latest-news/

Just updated the entry list of potential Beast Tamers in the three races.

https://preselibeast.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/the-beastly-updated-entry-list/

So the last list before B-day.

https://preselibeast.wordpress.com/2...-before-b-day/

All systems go, go, go!

Caz,

Many thanks to you and your army of assistants.

This is a fantastic race, 3 distances all converging together for parts of the course and finishing at roughly the same time. Everything about this event was great and the village of Maenclochog really embraces having its life changed for the day and makes everyone welcome. Supporters playing drums, clackers, beeping horns and that was just the start as the runners followed the quad bike. The finish could not come quick enough for me as I blew up around the half way point and really suffered so started going backwards. Back at the finish, the village green was a most welcome sight along with the commentary. Not to mention the goodies, refreshments and food at the end.

This is a great race with fantastic views of the gentle rolling Preseli Hills and the coast. The support throughout the race was fantastic from the very start to the finish post. I have never seen so many markers and marshals so very little chance of going off track even in poor visibility. 3 races for anyone of any ability and very friendly makes it easy to recommend, I hope to be back in the future.

Thanks Caz for a memorable day and a top quality race.

Paul
    Last edited by sore legs; 10-05-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: poor spelling
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.