Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-5-6 may recce

4-5-6 may recce

Hi All

Recce'ing over the weekend.

4 May - 1100am from Dunmail (1025 bus from Booths)
    5 may- 9am ish from Wasdale (depending on what time I leave the pub the night before) CW leg4
    6 May -Prob just Halls Fell out and back from Threkeld, then drive to Dunmail for a Fairfield out and back.

Any takers?
    max
    07887 830235

Hi Max,
    Simon (lantern rouge) & I agreed last night that we'd be starting Leg4 from Wasdale at about 8:15ish on 5th, so might see you there!
    (we're aiming to hook up with somebody else at Honister at 1:30 and continue on to do Leg5 down to car at Little Town)
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Hi Daz,

0815 start from Wasdale not a problem for me, if I can get an earlyish breakfast.

I am staying at Lingmell House near the pub in Wasdale.

I maybe recognised by my dishevelled appearance -resulting from wearing the previous days' gear, although you will actually probably pick up the sweaty odour from a little further away. If they refuse me on the bus at Seatoller I may follow you up Dale head!!

max

Morning I am the somebody else who's car will be at Little Town, Mr Slug, & Mr Unjesi you are welcome to a lift from Little town back to Keswick where I will be ditching the car and continuing on leg 1.

L

Thanks Larry
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Day View Post
    Morning I am the somebody else who's car will be at Little Town, Mr Slug, & Mr Unjesi you are welcome to a lift from Little town back to Keswick where I will be ditching the car and continuing on leg 1.

L
    Thanks for your very kind offer Larry - if I can RV successfully and keep up with the others it would save some faffing around.
    max 07887 830235

Gents. I'll be leaving Langley late afternoon...good night's sleep and meet Daz at Threlkeld between 7 and 7.30 tomorrow morning...drive to Wasdale something like an hour. Looking forward to it.

Simon 07709 261715

Simon Cartledge

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the great company and lift on Monday. Has the car been fumigated yet??

max

Quote Originally Posted by suth unjesi View Post
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for the great company and lift on Monday. Has the car been fumigated yet??

max
    Thanks for your company Max. A very worthwhile couple of days. Looking back, and knowing how good the weather turned out, I think I ought to have done more....but don't want to end up injured at this stage....already lost enough time.

I'll have to check out home and work commitments, then set a date to get back up there.

Keep in touch Max, and good luck.

Simon Cartledge

Cheers Simon,
    I will be back up 16-18 may for a couple of long days, then 22-24 may, culminating in supporting the first leg for 'rsk', after that just a couple of slowish reccies early june prior to tapering for 21st June.

Would be great if we could hook up. Otherwise I will come and see you off on 20th

Cheers

max