Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packhorse Available

Post Packhorse Available

I know that there's another recent thread here offering assistance to attempts made this year but I didn't want to hijack that one. Anyway...

I registered an attempt for 14th June this year but after a truly miserable time at the Fellsman where my guts were all kinds of wrong and I jacked in after 32 miles, I lost my nerve over being ready to go for a BG this year and so I've put it back to next year. That decision took a lot of wrestling with but I listened to my fellow runners (people such as IWCharters and Blackrodlad) because they know what they're talking about.

However, I thought I should give back in the meantime and assist attempts who may want my services as a packhorse to carry water, food or just to make horselike sounds/do the Python coconut shell thing on their rounds. Maybe a combo of all those, who knows!

I'm already out on 14th and 28th June doing Leg 2 and 3 respectively but if anyone else needs someone to support, let me know and if I'm free, I'll come and lend hands and legs to any attempts.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordonian View Post
    I know that there's another recent thread here offering assistance to attempts made this year but I didn't want to hijack that one. Anyway...

I registered an attempt for 14th June this year but after a truly miserable time at the Fellsman where my guts were all kinds of wrong and I jacked in after 32 miles, I lost my nerve over being ready to go for a BG this year and so I've put it back to next year. That decision took a lot of wrestling with but I listened to my fellow runners (people such as IWCharters and Blackrodlad) because they know what they're talking about.

However, I thought I should give back in the meantime and assist attempts who may want my services as a packhorse to carry water, food or just to make horselike sounds/do the Python coconut shell thing on their rounds. Maybe a combo of all those, who knows!

I'm already out on 14th and 28th June doing Leg 2 and 3 respectively but if anyone else needs someone to support, let me know and if I'm free, I'll come and lend hands and legs to any attempts.

Cheers!
    Hi fella,

I have an attempt on 21st June.

I am looking for support on leg 3 or leg4, on a23 hour CW schedule

cheers

max
    07887 830235

Hi Max,

I will be interested but can't commit yet. I'll confirm after the LAMM. What time do you start and expecting to be at Dunmail ? Thanks.

_|_
    ./\.

Quote Originally Posted by suth unjesi View Post
    Hi fella,

I have an attempt on 21st June.

I am looking for support on leg 3 or leg4, on a23 hour CW schedule

cheers

max
    07887 830235

What time are you starting fella?

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Hi Max,

I will be interested but can't commit yet. I'll confirm after the LAMM. What time do you start and expecting to be at Dunmail ? Thanks.
    Hi Adnan

2200 start. Clockwise.

eta 0630 at Dunmail

Cheers

max

07887 830235

Quote Originally Posted by JanSoLo View Post
    What time are you starting fella?
    Hi Jansen,

2200 start.

How are you feeling?

cheers

max
    07887 830235

Hi Adnan

2200 start. Clockwise.

eta 0630 at Dunmail

Cheers

max

07887 830235
    Thanks Max. Much better than Janson's 3 Spent most of the Saturday sleeping along the A66

_|_
    ./\.

Hi Jansen,

2200 start.

How are you feeling?

cheers

max
    07887 830235
    im not to bad now m8. Was crippled yesterday but moving better now .

So that's Saturday into Sunday? I work Sunday nights but I could see if I can shift swap... I'll do leg 4 if I can swap shifts but won't know until next week. I'm on hol this week.

Jans

Quote Originally Posted by JanSoLo View Post
    im not to bad now m8. Was crippled yesterday but moving better now .

So that's Saturday into Sunday? I work Sunday nights but I could see if I can shift swap... I'll do leg 4 if I can swap shifts but won't know until next week. I'm on hol this week.

Jans
    Thanks Janson.

You did well to finish, go and change and then go out! My eyelids would have been welded shut by then.

Mind you when we were waiting for Ralphs start and you walked up the road, the comment was made
    'He looks like he has had a good session all day', .... bl**dy hell its Janson!

Different sort of 'session'!!

Enjoy your hols.

max

Hi Fordonian

I am off on Friday 6th June on a 22:30 schedule, setting off at 7.30pm. If you can help on leg 3 that will be fantastic, setting off circa 03:30 from Dunmail. Did Fellsman myself this year, tough in the wind!

Let me know and hope you can get out for this.

Cheers Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Fordonian View Post

Cheers!