Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello :)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinganimal View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for the replies

Ian, your courses looks awesome, thanks for the info, certainly something to consider.

Sbrt, I think you're spot on there, once I've got a couple of decent runs under my belt and feel confident enough I'll look into doing some events. It'll be great to see other people doing it and I suppose I'd learn a great deal from running with more experienced people, and like you say, it'll be a great motivator.

Thanks again for all the welcomes.

Oh yeah, I got my Inov-8 Trailroc 245s today, theyre so comfy! Can't wait to get out and run in them. I'm sure I shouldn't be getting this excited over some shoes but its my first proper pair of fell running shoes haha.

I'm off to Wales for some mountain biking this weekend but when I get back I'll be properly planning my training blocks as recommended and set my focus becoming a stronger runner. Love it

Thanks
    Take your new shoes to wales!! Loads of hills for practise!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Hi guys,

Well I've been for a couple of runs (love my new shoes). Did a little 4 miler through the country park, lots of splashing and squelching. Then yesterday I did 8 miles round the recreation ground and off on some bridleways, great fun, I didn't want to stop!

I was wondering how you guys feel about using Strava to help with training? I use it contract my distances and times, really helpful for me, but I know a lot of people in the MTB world frown upon it, not sure why, maybe they think chasing KOMs ruins the ride which I can kind of see, but that's not why I use it.

Also what about using a Garmin GPS when you're up in the fells?

Thanks again for your posts and info, cool forum this

Quote Originally Posted by flappinganimal View Post
    Hi guys,

Well I've been for a couple of runs (love my new shoes). Did a little 4 miler through the country park, lots of splashing and squelching. Then yesterday I did 8 miles round the recreation ground and off on some bridleways, great fun, I didn't want to stop!

I was wondering how you guys feel about using Strava to help with training? I use it contract my distances and times, really helpful for me, but I know a lot of people in the MTB world frown upon it, not sure why, maybe they think chasing KOMs ruins the ride which I can kind of see, but that's not why I use it.

Also what about using a Garmin GPS when you're up in the fells?

Thanks again for your posts and info, cool forum this
    pleased you are having fun.

You can use a garmin but not on all races but it should still be a back up. Map and compass should be your number 1 navigational tool

Thank Ian,that makes sense, you can always rely on a map and compass, technology has a habit of not working just when you need it most haha.

I forgot to say I've signed up for my first race, just a little 10k local road race for a local school fund raiser, got to start somewhere I guess haha!

welcome, enjoy!