Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukip

Because your arguments are nonsensical..

Please provide a solution to what happens to the NHS when you stop the registration of new Dr's and nurses?

We're an ageing population.. things will only get worse...

Typical UKIP level understanding..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    So who does the work? Why do we need to import 1000's of Dr's. you stop that, you have a failing NHS?

Do you dispute that?
    Do i dispute it? How can you say this assertion is cast iron? I'd say the importation of extra doctors is in part due to mass migration into the country.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Typical UKIP level understanding..
    Oi! Take it down a notch. Now you're just victimising me!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Banned
    Can all the non UKIP folk just get over it.
    The voters have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Do i dispute it? How can you say this assertion is cast iron? I'd say the importation of extra doctors is in part due to mass migration into the country.
    You do realise migrants come in their working ages? So generally 20-40 years old...

95% of our health care efforts come within the last 6 weeks of life... again it makes no sense.

Over the decade to 2008, 57 per cent of doctors registering to practice with the GMC had qualified outside the UK – of these, 18 per cent came from the Europe (the EEA) and almost 40 per cent had been trained outside Europe.

So we are talking about almost 50% of our new Dr's being immigrants.. and the amount of immigrants over that time compared to the native population? Never mind the mean ages...

Last edited by IainR; 27-05-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    You're missing the point Danbert. We will still be in a free trade zone. Therefore there will be no need for Nissan to move.

Although I didn't vote UKIP, I think the result is fantastic as it will force the major Political parties to re-evaluate and re-negotiate our relationship with Europe even if it doesn't result in us actually leaving. That can only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Haha, Hitler and 'his party' were originally democratically elected too you know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_rise_to_power
    Shame on you for not voting to stop this then!

And for invoking Godwin's law.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post

Although I didn't vote UKIP, I think the result is fantastic as it will force the major Political parties to re-evaluate and re-negotiate our relationship with Europe even if it doesn't result in us actually leaving. That can only be a good thing.

I'm genuinely surprised at the thrill you seem to get from the idea that UKIP are making us all sit up and take notice Heathens. I thought more of you than that to be honest.

I think you're on a wind up and know really that they're a rag tag bunch of failed racists and homophobes with a blood lust for unborn disabled kids.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post

I'm genuinely surprised at the thrill you seem to get from the idea that UKIP are making us all sit up and take notice Heathens. I thought more of you than that to be honest.

I think you're on a wind up and know really that they're a rag tag bunch of failed racists and homophobes with a blood lust for unborn disabled kids.
    You will note that I didn't vote for them because without Farage, they are nothing. They didn't get a seat in my council (Trafford) and I think that they're style over substance, notwithstanding the allegations made against a number of their members.

However......I'm still not a massive fan of the EU and believe they get much more from us than we get from them. I've never cared much for the immigration argument as it's never been an issue for me but from an economic standpoint, we have the EU overruling our national Government which doesn't sit well with me.

In Brussels they look at London, the financial capital of the world, with jealousy and want to destroy it by imposing a financial transactions tax and layer after layer of regulation. Brussels itself has just become an expensive, bureaucratic behemoth and Germany exerts far too much influence over the rest of Europe (sound familiar?)

The Euro should never have happened or if it did, it should have consisted of the UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden and Benelux with a Euro 2 for the Southern European States - this would have allowed them to remain competitive. As it stands, the economies are too different and it's consigned the likes of Greece, Cyprus, Spain & Portugal to decades of austerity. The best thing that ever happened to this country was John Major getting us a legal opt out of the Euro at Maastricht.

If UKIPs 15 minutes of fame makes the mainstream parties sit up and realise that they need to re-evaluate things then I don't see that as a bad thing - you've even said so yourself. Voter apathy is at an all time high and we don't know what each party really stands for - what is its 'Why?'

I'm not even advocating leaving the EU (although I wouldn't be upset if they did) but something needs to change. Thankfully, Cameron and Hollande have called for exactly that today so it looks like we could see an improved deal in the not too distant future.

So no wind up... I can't see myself ever voting for UKIP but if it makes the Tories take positive action then that's a good thing. UKIP will bomb at the general election and will be lucky to get more than one MP voted into parliament. The FPTP system has its faults but it generally delivers a moderate government.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 28-05-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Putting aside manifestos, policies etc for the moment:

Which of the leaders of the 4 main parties would you most trust to fight for the UK's interests in negotiations with Brussels?

That's the real reason why UKIP have made such large gains in this election. Not many people would say Cameron, Milliband or Clegg. I actually think Clegg would because he's not afraid of making tough decisions but Farage is the stand out guy.

Take him away though and what do you have left?