Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukip

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    his party is largely populated by odious, bigoted morons
    I take it your the UKIP Membership secretary?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    If we leave the EU will the price of my next French Petzl head torch go up?
    Not sure Dom. Stella pricing is possibly a more complex issue: a European brand brewed in the UK
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I take it your the UKIP Membership secretary?
    As one of the great philosophical touchstones of the 20th century (Roy Walker off Catchphrase) recommended: say what you see.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    In the UK we have spent the last 20+ years treading on egg-shells with the thought police around every corner.
    Nearly there, just need "It's political correctness gone mad!" for a full house.
    Geoff Clarke

Super Moderator
    Can't beat a game of Daily Mail reader bingo. 15 points for a "They're over here taking all our jobs!", anyone? What about 25 points for a "You should be ashamed. She's the best leader we've ever had"
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Can't beat a game of Daily Mail reader bingo. 15 points for a "They're over here taking all our jobs!", anyone? What about 25 points for a "You should be ashamed. She's the best leader we've ever had"
    Now, I'm not racist, but...
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    As one of the great philosophical touchstones of the 20th century (Roy Walker off Catchphrase) recommended: say what you see.
    The point is Hank, the only bigoted people on this thread are the anti-UKIP brigade. Everyone else has actually been having a decent discussion about it.

I don't agree with UKIP on a lot of things but people are allowed to express their opinions.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 28-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.

There's been no bigoted comments from myself, despite my views. Made a few atttempts to explore Mr B's views a little further though they appeared to fall on deaf ears.
    "That was the night everything changed"

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    The point is Hank, the only bigoted people on this thread are the anti-UKIP brigade. Everyone else has actually been having a decent discussion about it.

I don't agree with UKIP on a lot of things but people are allowed to express their opinions.
    Well, I'm certainly prejudiced against some of the cack UKIP come out with, so I guess it's a fair cop.

And, yes, absolutely, people should be allowed to express their opinions, whatever they may be. I don't have a problem with that. But if you've got posters of Farage up on your bedroom wall you should probably expect a bit of stick.
    Geoff Clarke

The issues related to UKIP are certainly emotive subjects so there's bound to be some strong views expressed from the opposition. If I'd been asked a few years ago if any fellow forumites would have voted UKIP my repsonse would have been no. In recent times considering some of the posts you read these days, nothing would surprise me. The forum doesn't seem to be what it once was, and I certainly frequent these pages far less than I used to - seems to be the case for others too, some of whom have sadly disapeared completely.
    "That was the night everything changed"