Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukip

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    The reason there are no convincing arguments from the UKIP lot on here is because UKIP as a party are not making any arguments, they're making scapegoats.

They take a problem and they point a finger at a small group of people.

It's a simple answer to a complicated problem, and simple answers make simple people feel comfortable.

Unfortunately simple answers are rarely correct.

Those people who don't want more foreigners coming here would do well to pick up a history book and learn why those foreigners are coming here.
    Danbert, your views are exactly why the political establishment got a good kicking. And if you keep talking without thinking critically, you'll continue to further UKIPs cause.

One of UKIPs arguments is that the EU has created laws that damage the UK. That is a truthful argument that Farage has made repeatedly. He has also criticised our foreign aid policy. Whilst the other parties are sacrificing us for their own altruistic ends, Farage is getting on his feet and standing up for us and our interests. That is the truth and that's why people supported him and rejected the other cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    No one should have to apologise for their political views whilst we live in a free society, even the ones that you and I find abhorrent. Have faith in the electorate.
    It's difficult to have faith in sections of the electorate that are stupid enough to be taken in by a party that feeds on people's fear by making them more fearful. Of what?? Not of aliens, poverty, political crisis, but of other people! That populist message is shameful Heathens!!
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post

One of UKIPs arguments is that the EU has created laws that damage the UK. That is a truthful argument that Farage has made repeatedly.

Farage is getting on his feet and standing up for us and our interests. That is the truth and that's why people supported him and rejected the other cowards.

He's not standing up for me pal because I've got just enough intelligence to realise that I live in a globalised world and that you have to collaborate to develop.

I also realise that the EU open borders have allowed many large companies to move over here and set up, I realise this because indirectly I owe my own job to the welcoming economic climate the EU affords, no EU = less jobs as companies pull out.

Your Ukip party may reclaim our corner shops but our growing manufacturing industries will go belly up losing more higher paid jobs for a few under paid ones and probably lose the skilled English people who follow the companies out.

Ukip voters are not for real, they'd burn ties with our biggest trading partner, and then do what? What's the plan for after? Oh yeah, they don't have one.

The fact of it is, nobody who has 'seriously' engaged with the EU thinks it'd be anything but a financial disaster for us to pull out.
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 29-05-2014 at 01:01 AM.

It's difficult to have faith in sections of the electorate that are stupid enough to be taken in by a party that feeds on people's fear by making them more fearful. Of what?? Not of aliens, poverty, political crisis, but of other people! That populist message is shameful Heathens!!
    Your opinion on something doesn't make it fact. You know my stance on UKIP - people still deserve their say.

You may be more suited to North Korea, I hear that other Political views are not allowed.

He's not standing up for me pal because I've got just enough intelligence to realise that I live in a globalised world and that you have to collaborate to develop.

I also realise that the EU open borders have allowed many large companies to move over hear and set up, I realise this because indirectly I owe my own job to the welcoming economic climate the EU affords, no EU = less jobs as companies pull out.

Your Ukip party may reclaim our corner shops but our growing manufacturing industries will go belly up losing more higher paid jobs for a few under paid ones and probably lose the skilled English people who follow the companies out.

UKIP voters are not for real they'd burn ties with our biggest trading partner, and then do what? What's the plan for after? Oh yeah, they don't have one.

The fact of it is, nobody who has 'seriously' engaged with the EU thinks it'd be anything but a financial disaster for us to pull out.
    I can't say it more simply so I'll shout: PULLING BACK FROM (OR OUT OF) THE EU DOESNT MEAN THE END TO A EUROPEAN TRADE AREA. IT WOULD BE STUPID OF THE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TO DO SO.

Your opinion on something doesn't make it fact. You know my stance on UKIP - people still deserve their say.

You may be more suited to North Korea, I hear that other Political views are not allowed.
    If people want to vote for parties with policies that are repellent, and whose candidates hold obnoxiously racist, sexist and homophobic views that is their right, but it is also my prerogative to counter their views.

I can't say it more simply so I'll shout: PULLING BACK FROM (OR OUT OF) THE EU DOESNT MEAN THE END TO A EUROPEAN TRADE AREA. IT WOULD BE STUPID OF THE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TO DO SO.
    You know as well as I do that I could pull up loads of links to CBI (Confederation of British Industry) reports that stress the importance of our continued EU membership and you could probably come back with links giving a counter argument, so let's no bother

All i would say is that personally i'll go with the CBI over the UKIP fantasists on the right who dream of a lost world of global empire and believe we can walk away from the successful trading block on our doorsteps.
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 29-05-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Someone mentioned Voltaire earlier in the thread so it's a good time to drag out a quote :

I do not agree with what you have to say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
    Voltaire? On the FRA Forum?

Actually what Voltaire wrote was "...I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write'' which is not quite the same as the better known phrase attributed to Tallentyre.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Didn't vote UKip but the elected UKip MP for Scotland is openly gay.
    It's a slightly bizarre mix with UKIP. They can go from blaming gay marriage for the bad weather to having an LGBT wing.

There'll still too many wrongs for me to consider voting for them. They've been around for 21 years now, they should have the culture of the party sorted by it now. The leadership seems happy to accept anyone, and only react when problems are publicised rather than prevent such things happening in the first place.

My personal opinion on tactical voting is that it's utter toss that is indicative of one of the key reasons we have been stuck for so long with what is in effect a two party system. Even now it's just a choice of red/blue, blue, or really really blue but with only one goal. Vote for who represents you, not who you think might get in. It's no more of a waste that voting red, when blue wins. And at least indicates a truer reflection of the desires of the electorate.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Voltaire? On the FRA Forum?

Actually what Voltaire wrote was "...I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write'' which is not quite the same as the better known phrase attributed to Tallentyre.
    I think that's why I didn't quote him. I would have remembered the more commonly used miss-quote.
    pies