Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukip

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Meanwhile, across Europe the extremes on both sides seem to have done well. Is it the end for the EU as we know it?
    You do realise on the whole europe voted in support of pro EU parties?

I think the real strain on the NHS is due to unhealthy lifestyles.
    I also think that 'the country in tatters' cannot be blamed on a political party, but on ourselves and our actions as a collective.
    I think there is more money being filtered out of Britain through corporate tax dodging than immigration issues. Billions upon billions that should be circling in the system.
    That's some of what I think anyway. I like to take responsibility for my actions and be the best person I can be for myself, my family and the place I live.
    Last edited by MickTor; 26-05-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Terrifying..

This is just fear inducing nonsense.. the immigrant strain on the NHS.. how about those pesky immigrants who actually keep it running..

It is totally overblown how much support UKIP got, you are talking about 1 in 15 of the total population, so whats that 1 in 10 of the voting population...

Turn out was as usual low so its those that want change who vote, voter apathy is high as usual.

They may not be a racist homophobic party but they attract racist homophobic voters and members hence why I am quite confident they will continually shoot themselves in the foot.. I see Farage has said he will bow out of politics once the UK is out of the EU, which won't happen anyway, but presumably that's because he'd then have **** all clew on what to do next and the country would be screwed...

It won't happen though, industry/business will pressure its workforce and make them realise the only option is staying in the EU and pushing for reform... its like Scottish Independence, as it gets closer companies will pressure towards the NO vote as issues such as the currency, lack of LoLR will be too much of a risk...
    I didn't vote UKIP because they're a one man band but the difference between Scotland and the UK is mainly to do with giving up the pound.

Terrifying..

This is just fear inducing nonsense.. the immigrant strain on the NHS.. how about those pesky immigrants who actually keep it running..

It is totally overblown how much support UKIP got, you are talking about 1 in 15 of the total population, so whats that 1 in 10 of the voting population...

Turn out was as usual low so its those that want change who vote, voter apathy is high as usual.

They may not be a racist homophobic party but they attract racist homophobic voters and members hence why I am quite confident they will continually shoot themselves in the foot.. I see Farage has said he will bow out of politics once the UK is out of the EU, which won't happen anyway, but presumably that's because he'd then have **** all clew on what to do next and the country would be screwed...

It won't happen though, industry/business will pressure its workforce and make them realise the only option is staying in the EU and pushing for reform... its like Scottish Independence, as it gets closer companies will pressure towards the NO vote as issues such as the currency, lack of LoLR will be too much of a risk...
    Brilliant post Iain,

I'm ashamed to admit that a UKIP clown (Roger Helmer)has just been re-elected as MEP in my region and will contest the Newark parliamentary by-election next week in abid to become UKIP's first MP, now that Nigel Farrage has lost interest in using the region as a political stepping stone.

Helmer publicly claimed that there is nothing wrong with disliking people because they are gay.

I find it difficult to believe that so many people are duped by Farrage et al, whose entire raison d'etre is to mess up the UK then disappear, and are prepared to put their faith in this type of pillock.
    Do what you like, like what you do

...the immigrant strain on the NHS.. how about those pesky immigrants who actually keep it running...
    What about them? Are you suggesting the positions had to be given to immigrants through lack of UK candidates? To be clear i'm not in favour of UK staff being given unfair advantages, just proposing a hypothetical situation where immigrant applicants never applied.

Just on your point regarding fear inducing nonsense, do you believe immigration poses none of the risks i have suggested?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Stewert Lee has a nice take on 'the UKIPs'.

Short version:

And a longer version which gets a bit surreal to make the point. He also drops the C-bomb if you're easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    Brilliant post Iain,

I'm ashamed to admit that a UKIP clown (Roger Helmer)has just been re-elected as MEP in my region
    Shouldn't that read 'democratically re-elected'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    What about them? Are you suggesting the positions had to be given to immigrants through lack of UK candidates? To be clear i'm not in favour of UK staff being given unfair advantages, just proposing a hypothetical situation where immigrant applicants never applied.

Just on your point regarding fear inducing nonsense, do you believe immigration poses none of the risks i have suggested?
    For many NHS jobs the only applicants are immigrants. There is no doubt the NHS would be unable to function without them.

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    I cant believe how much hate there has been towards ukip voters. In my opinion many of my friends have acted in shameful and contradictory ways towards the ukip voters, fuelling a fire of hate.

Not a great example.

I dont support ukip but I'm more disgusted with the comments of non ukip voters than those for the party.
    Mick
    and the thread is developing along those lines.

Turnout is down, voting has become a choice between the same ie Hobsons choice.

UKIP is merely a chance to put one up the mainstream and quite a few people have taken the chance.

I'm actually more surprised that anyone can find a reason to vote for Tory, Labour or Libdem at the moment in a national election. It seems to me a no vote or a none of the above vote is a fair enough decision.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell