Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukip

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    It's just the latest in a long line of such stories. UKIP given bad publicity by the media? Don't make me laugh. Promoted by the media to the mindless masses so that their anger is controlled and diverted.
    UKIP have been absolutely slaughtered by the media on recent weeks which you'd expect from the likes of The Guardian but the Daily Mail has been miles worse!

As I've already said, I didn't vote UKIP because I think they're a one man band and the party is a one trick pony. However...... THEY HAVE NEVER PRETENDED TO BE ANYTHING ELSE so I'm not sure why people are up in arms about it? Their sole aim is to take us out of the EU.

UKIP won't win a general election in a million years (Farage admits this himself) but it's possible that they may hold the balance of power in a hung parliament which will undoubtedly lead us to review our relationship with the EU and reclaim some powers back. I don't see that as a bad thing.

The European project was originally meant to be a free trade area but has grown into a behemoth over which we have no control and costs us a fortune. We are Germany's biggest trade partner and they wouldn't cut their nose off to spite their face should we decide to leave the EU; trade links would be maintained.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 27-05-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that immigrants do not prop up the NHS??

Check your history and your facts on immigrants in the NHS.. then post again...
    Two different issues here:

1) UKIP are not against immigration of skilled workers where there is a need that can't be met by UK nationals. They're against unchecked immigration of unskilled workers.

2) Most migrant workers in the NHS do NOT come from the EU so would not be affected by us leaving the EU. Most migrant workers are from the old commonwealth countries or countries we have traditional links with (e.g Doctors from India, nurses from Phillipines etc) and have to pass a points based system in order to gain employment, i.e, prove they're skilled.

So the NHS is a bit of a red herring when we're discussing leaving the EU and I actually think it's unethical employing these migrant workers because the health services suffer in their country of origin. Countries where decent healthcare is needed a lot more than here.
    Last edited by TheHeathens; 27-05-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Danbert - it's your attitude that's appalling. Just look at the bile that your coming out with.

You are in your entrenched political position and your only answer to the wide variety of people who have voted UKIP including people from the groups that UKIP supposedly hate, is to slag them off.

Mr1470 - I'm not blaming anyone and I'd like to sort out the tax dodgers and bankers as well.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    It's hardly surprising if the right-wing middle-brow Mail and Express attack UKIP; UKIP is a major thorn in the side of their obvious political allies. At best embarrassing; at worse a semi-series threat to the long standing status quo

The thing I never get when I meet "Mail readers" is the obsession with immigration and their "I'm not racist but . . . " attitude. Small-minded, petty, dull, unimaginative, bigotted; the list goes on
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Here's Alan Sked the UKIP founder's view on your protest party Witton

Quote:
    "The party I founded has become a Frankenstein's monster," sighs Sked. "When I was leader, we wouldn't send MEPs to Europe because we didn't want to legitimise it. My policy was that if we were forced to take the salaries, we would give them to the National Health Service – they wouldn't be taken by the party or individuals. Now Ukip say they're against welfare cheats coming from eastern Europe, but in fact they're the welfare cheats."

Sked's suggestion is that Ukip MEPs do little to no work in Strasbourg and Brussels but take as much public money as possible in the form of salaries and, especially, expenses.

"They do nothing in the European parliament and take the money. They're no better than these people on [Channel 4 documentary series] Benefits Street. Farage has become a millionaire from expenses." Farage, of course, told foreign journalists in 2009 that he'd taken £2 million of taxpayers' money in expenses and allowances as an MEP on top of his £64,000-a-year salary. "There's no reason to vote for Ukip," says Sked, "because if they believed in what they said they wouldn't be there."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...steins-monster
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I blame me - I could not find a single reason to vote for anyone and now the selfish, racist bigot party are starting to win votes from all the selfish, racist bigots. I think I'm going to start a 'Not the Conservatives, Libdems or Labour and definitely not the f**king UKIP party' as I suspect we'll do fantastically in attracting all of the 65% of the electorate who couldn't be bothered voting for what was on offer this time.

Bigot : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance
    Have a look through the thread with the above definition in mind and see who seems the most bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Have a look through the thread with the above definition in mind and see who seems the most bigoted.
    Spot on Adam
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

"Don't get got by the invisible gas-Bulgarians who are everywhere - vote UKIP"
    No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Defintion of a smart arse