Thread: Paddy Buckley June 2014

Paddy Buckley June 2014

Hi everyone a group of four runners,from the south Lakes area, are going to have a go at The Paddy on either the 20th or 27 th June 2014, 11am start. Our plan was to self support each other, we have recce'd the route but we feel we could do with some expert knowledge to help us over Leg 1 Capel Curig to Aberglaslyn (start of leg2)or maybe just part way, if you can help in any way it could make a massive difference to our success we would love to hear from you.

Ok we have been chatting to a few people and we have decided to move our strat date to 21st June or the 28th June, same start time of 11am

I guess this is the Dallam 4, you just confused me a bit because I've never heard Warton be described as being in the south lakes Weather forecast looking good, training and recces done, good luck boys

good look guys - see you around somewhere!

A really hot weekend in North Wales even sitting on the sidelines as support.

Big well done to the "Dallam 4" of Dave, Stuart, Mick and Jarv on their Paddy Buckley completion. Was great to see you all a couple of times.

Also completing this weekend was Carol Morgan who finished in 23 hour 01 mins.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

https://www.facebook.com/DallamRC

They look quite chilled out here

Congrats to you all for completing it - and on a very hot weekend.

I thought I noticed some trampled down grass on the route yesterday - some could only have been made by PB runners! I started from Capel Curig at 11am on Sunday 22nd (solo with roadside support). Started off feeling good but after just 3 hrs I started getting terrible nausea and problems eating/drinking which lasted the remainder of the run. By the time I got to Aberglaslyn I was totally exhausted but I just kept going, one more peak, one more leg... all the while my energy levels dropping. Eventually I finished in 29hr36 (that's no typo!).

Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    A really hot weekend in North Wales even sitting on the sidelines as support.

Big well done to the "Dallam 4" of Dave, Stuart, Mick and Jarv on their Paddy Buckley completion. Was great to see you all a couple of times.

Also completing this weekend was Carol Morgan who finished in 23 hour 01 mins.
    Excellent stuff, well done chaps

Big cheers for Carol too, a fantastic achievement!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by GE0278 View Post
    Congrats to you all for completing it - and on a very hot weekend.

I thought I noticed some trampled down grass on the route yesterday - some could only have been made by PB runners! I started from Capel Curig at 11am on Sunday 22nd (solo with roadside support). Started off feeling good but after just 3 hrs I started getting terrible nausea and problems eating/drinking which lasted the remainder of the run. By the time I got to Aberglaslyn I was totally exhausted but I just kept going, one more peak, one more leg... all the while my energy levels dropping. Eventually I finished in 29hr36 (that's no typo!).
    Wow well done, that's true grit. On another day when feeling better that mental toughness will get you around under 24 hours, if indeed that's your target. Paddy never actually set a time limit. But the BG and RR fell runner ethos have been applied to the Paddy.

Senior Member Happy on the hills's Avatar
    Well done dudes. Awesome achievement to you all, and espeicially to the solo when you were feeling ill so early on.
    Always happy on the hills