Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishwicking

I was marshaling at the Canalathon yesterday, there was a guy doing the 75km race who had done the 52 mile Cheshire Ultra the day before, not fell running but mental/awesome (delete where applicable) achievement.

Well it's Easter this weekend with 4 days holiday so it's a great opportunity for Fishwicking.
    Come on Daz (or anyone else for that matter) - how many can you pack into this weekend ?
    (I don't expect you to reply until at least Tuesday, as I'm sure you'll be spending all your time planning/ travelling / racing
    See the light in the night

Hi Mark

It seems that there's not that much on this weekend fell race wise. I'm tempted with the new Howgills race, it looks a beast.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Hi Mark

It seems that there's not that much on this weekend fell race wise. I'm tempted with the new Howgills race, it looks a beast.
    It does look a beast ~ I've seen the map!
    Mind you, if you can run the Kendal Park run at 9.00am, and crack the Howgills in 3 hours then you've just got time to nip down the M6 / M61 to Rivington Pike for 3pm start. No pressure Daz.....

Banned
    From Four is a cracking race Daz.
    Views from the tops ar spectacular.

Didn't see you amongst the masses at Rivvi Pike Daz ~ hope you had a good run at Howgills.

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Didn't see you amongst the masses at Rivvi Pike Daz ~ hope you had a good run at Howgills.
    Haha....I went to Howgills with a couple of teammates and had a nice sociable day out, no rushing off to partake in Rivington.

To be honest Mark, doing Rivington was the last thing on my mind after today's race.....it was brutal.

Did a good triple this weekend. Three Peaks Saturday, Arant Haw Sunday and Wray Caton Moor today!

Had a good run at Three Peaks. Had a better run at Wray than at Arant Haw, I wonder if there is any sports science behind this?!!
    Last edited by wjb; 01-05-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Did a good triple this weekend. Three Peaks Saturday, Arant Haw Sunday and Wray Caton Moor today!

Had a good run at Three Peaks. Had a better run at Wray than at Arant Haw, I wonder if there is any sports science behind this?
    I think there may be some science involved. I've done Arant Haw after the Peaks and it's tough. I don't think the Arant Haw course allows you to properly loosen off your already tired muscles, you're into a long climb so soon from the start.....legs still heavy.
    Even though Wray has it's moments it allows your legs to stretch out over the undulating terrain.
    Science or not...beltin weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I think there may be some science involved. I've done Arant Haw after the Peaks and it's tough. I don't think the Arant Haw course allows you to properly loosen off your already tired muscles, you're into a long climb so soon from the start.....legs still heavy.
    Even though Wray has it's moments it allows your legs to stretch out over the undulating terrain.
    Science or not...beltin weekend
    Yes that makes sense Darren. I think it can go either way when racing consecutively. Think I'll have a rest tomorrow before Lothersdale on Wednesday!