Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishwicking

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post
    A proper Fishwick would be to do the Long Duddon, then Coniston Gullies!

In the old days, Long Duddon + Muncaster was a good combination. Muncaster was 10 miles with a wade across the Esk in the middle.
    Quick search on Google revealed this: http://www.racethetide.com/the-tradi...fell-race.html
    wonder if it was anything like the original?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    Quick search on Google revealed this: http://www.racethetide.com/the-tradi...fell-race.html
    wonder if it was anything like the original?
    No, not really. The original went along the ridge north of the Esk almost as far as Eskdale Green, before crossing the river and climbing towards Devoke Water. It ran along that ridge, west, until the Pepperpot, before dropping down to the road. Followed the road across the bridge, then finished with the rather evil climb up to the castle. The race took around 90 minutes.

Ha ha...Mr Fellephant you're a daft bugger, hope to see you on Saturday matey.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Ha ha...Mr Fellephant you're a daft bugger, hope to see you on Saturday matey.
    How have you got time to post on here????

You should be looking for a race or on your way to one.

Roseberry Romp tonight??

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post
    No, not really. The original went along the ridge north of the Esk almost as far as Eskdale Green, before crossing the river and climbing towards Devoke Water. It ran along that ridge, west, until the Pepperpot, before dropping down to the road. Followed the road across the bridge, then finished with the rather evil climb up to the castle. The race took around 90 minutes.
    Thanks for that, love hearing about these old races.

Quote Originally Posted by JonG View Post
    Langdale is the same day as Wasdale Show this year. I'm wondering if it's possible to do Langdale at 11am and get over to the Wasdale Show races which start at 3pm.
    I can see Mr Fishwick somehow managing to include Wasdale Show during the Langdale race; drop into Wasdale from the Esk Hause Shelter CP, do the Kirkfell race, then head back over the mountains to complete the Langdale

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    How have you got time to post on here????

You should be looking for a race or on your way to one.

Roseberry Romp tonight??
    Hi Trev, killington sports tonight....looks like a beltin little lakeland show with a fell race.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Fellhound
    The Langdale Horseshoe and then Butter Crag (Grasmere) used to be a favourite. Over a few years I found I was faster at Butter Crag if I'd done Langdale the day before than if I hadn't! I did my PB at Butter Crag (15.44) the day after a PB at Langdale (2:34). Strange...

By the way, Wasdale Show may be short but I found it THE most wrecking of races. If you can race the day after that you are doing well I reckon!

Weasdale/Sedbergh Hills used to be a decent double when they were on the same weekend.
    No country for old men.

Back in the day i once did Pattedale Dog Day - Grasmere Show - Hebden Sports. It was a good long weekend, met Math Roberts at 2 races, nice lad.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent