Page 38 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Two rides at the weekend. 10m friday, 21m/2450' sunday; flipping loved turning a 39/24 up Fancarl Hill from Dibble's Bridge again- extremely restorative.

007.jpg
    Last edited by mr brightside; 03-04-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

3 rides in 3 days,

10m local, 14m local, 21m/2450' in Lower Wharfedale. Hip MRI is tommorrow, it still doesn't like being walked on very much, but will have all the biking i can throw at it.

First walking hill reps this weekend, 6x 0.2m/250' total 1500' climb, seemed to go ok. Also 2 12m local rides. MRI results due soon, lateral side of right thigh still a bit numb.

16m local hill ride with 1800' climb. Got up the big Chevin on a 42/24! MRI results are in, all clear, i need to ask about scar tissue in the joint capsule though. Appointment to discuss results in a week's time.

18.5m undulating one this aft, 1200' of climb or therabouts, 16.3mph ave.spd. time taken 1h8min.

MRI scan has come back clear. The benefit of going private was that my physio has a working relationship with all the hip surgeons at the hospital, and was able to get the top guy to view the images. I have wear and tear in the Posterior jointspace probably from descending, but that's it.

5x 0.5m/325' runnable hill reps yesterday, 1625' total climb, from Thorpe village up the green lane to the fellgate below Raven's Nest. Left ITB began to get sore so i had to call it a day, i had wanted to get to 8. Good views of the TdY flying through Linton afterwards!

A rather over-indulgent ride this aft- 26.2m, 1h36m, 16.2mph ave.spd. Latte and cake at Ilkley Cycles where the Raleigh Special Products was attracting a bit of attention; you just don't see that sort of older machinery around these days and it's sad. Average speed was neutered badly by an ascent of the big Chevin on the way back!

Run 2wks ago looks to have been too soon. Total rest last weekend, 10 reps up Elbolton Hill today, 0.2m/250' per rep, 2500' total climbed. Good work tbh.

8 reps up Elbolton Hill yesterday, 0.2m/250' per rep, 2000' total climbed. Hip soreness persists on and off despite a clear MRI, been this way since January now. Back problems have cancelled my cycling!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    8 reps up Elbolton Hill yesterday, 0.2m/250' per rep, 2000' total climbed. Hip soreness persists on and off despite a clear MRI, been this way since January now. Back problems have cancelled my cycling!
    Quite an impressive hill reps session for a bloke with a sore hip and a bad back!

How long are you taking for these reps? I used to sometimes do hill reps with the same amount of climbing but over a longer distance (just over 500 metres), although I never did more than six in a session. I took 2m30 - 2m40 for these (fastest ever was 2m21s). That was a long time ago, and I found them very tough then; I can't imagine doing them again now.