Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
Quite an impressive hill reps session for a bloke with a sore hip and a bad back!

How long are you taking for these reps? I used to sometimes do hill reps with the same amount of climbing but over a longer distance (just over 500 metres), although I never did more than six in a session. I took 2m30 - 2m40 for these (fastest ever was 2m21s). That was a long time ago, and I found them very tough then; I can't imagine doing them again now.
I should make it clear that i am walking these, not running. I don't time myself, i just try to get up and down without any problems. The nature of my hip problem is suspected joint capsule irritation, not anything internal to the joint. The use of muscle groups over the capsule immediately start problems of some degree eg. running, ab crunches, pilates. Cycling doesn't use the muscle group in question so has no effect on the hip whatsoever, but screws my back up instead. It's merely a waiting game, an exact precise diagnosis has eluded even the best hip experts in Stepping Hill Hospital, it's more a case of what we know it isn't. Whatever it is, it's connective tissue, and as we all know problems of that nature can take years.